PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with online banking

studioworks
03-24-2009, 04:46 AM
Ive tried accessing my online banking through my new blackberry (8900) without any sucess using the built in browser and opera mini yet it works through bolt. When ever i tryto open the log in page with browser or opera it just comes up with a blank page.
I cant post up the link because ive got under 10 posts but its alliance leicester online banking log in page.
I just wondered if anyone knew why and if their was any settings i could change to access it.

Jadey
03-24-2009, 05:29 AM
Is this the link?

https://www.mybank.alliance-leicester.co.uk/index.asp

Jadey
03-24-2009, 05:32 AM
Well, I have an 8900 on t-mobile and it loaded first time (assuming link above is the correct page? Please let me know).

Sooooooo:

a) Is your device a personal BB or is it connected to a company BES system?
b) What is the name of the browser on the device (BlackBerry Browser, WAP Browser, something else)?

studioworks
03-24-2009, 06:04 AM
Yes thats the link, i figured the problem now though. It wasnt the log on page causing the blank page it was the redirecton page that google links to for the log in, still seems strange that bolt was redirected fine but not the browser or opera.
Out of curiostiy did you click the link from google to get to the log on page on your 8900? Mines a personal BB and its defaulted to Internet Browser.

Jadey
03-24-2009, 06:51 AM
No, I googed it on PC and typed the link into BB browser directly, and it fired up fine.

I use the BlackBerry Browser, running through MDS on my BES server. But TBH that doesn't matter so much seeing as yours works now.

Just bookmark the A&L page, and you're good to go!