PDA

View Full Version : 7290 and cingular voicemail message

Sundarban1
11-01-2005, 10:03 AM
My display constantly shows I have a voicemessage when I do not and I can't delete it for some reason!

Can anyone help?

Sundarban1
11-02-2005, 07:57 AM
C'mon guys, someone has to know!

guinda35
11-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Just a guess, but maybe your unit is confused, and is marking one of your saved or archived voicemails as unheard. Try purging all voice messages from your voicemail folder, and see if that helps. Also, have you tried calling the Cingular BB people? It might be a bug on their end.

dozment
11-02-2005, 12:11 PM
I have had something similar happen from time to time. One thing that I have done that seems to solve it is to dial into my voice mail box and exit "gracefully". I think on Cingular's voicemail the way to exit gracefully is to press 9. The same thing has happened to me on BellSouth's voice mail at my home. Not sure why it might work, but it's easy to try.

dpeters11
11-02-2005, 12:54 PM
I have a user who has run into this...I have called Cingular and talked to several techs, they tried reloading his voicemail box, having me exit gracefully, etc. They ended up just telling me that it was being escalated and that we would be contacted. That was several weeks ago, the other day I checked the status, and the case was still open, but no updates. I even called RIM, but they confirmed my thoughts that it has nothing to do with them.

Do you get a notification when there is a new voicemail?

Sundarban1
11-03-2005, 08:43 AM
I have a user who has run into this...I have called Cingular and talked to several techs, they tried reloading his voicemail box, having me exit gracefully, etc. They ended up just telling me that it was being escalated and that we would be contacted. That was several weeks ago, the other day I checked the status, and the case was still open, but no updates. I even called RIM, but they confirmed my thoughts that it has nothing to do with them.

Do you get a notification when there is a new voicemail?

I'm not sure because I dont use the phone that often. I'll call cingular today, thanks!

dpeters11
11-03-2005, 09:01 AM
If they fix it, let me know what they did. I still haven't gotten a resolution from them. I'll probably call back today as well.