PDA

View Full Version : Use internet from latop to get BB online

PsYfen
03-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Hello,

I'm new here so I hope I'm doing things right over here :)

I just spend a looong time Googling and searching forums and stuff but could not find a (working) solution..
So this is my last hope...hoping somebody over here could help me out!

I really would like to know if it's possible to connect my Blackberry to the internet via Bluetooth and via the internet connection I have on my laptop.
(so NOT the tethering thing, I DON'T want to use my BB as modem since my laptop is already connected to the internet via WiFi)

I had a Tungsten T5 and there it was pretty easy to just connect the device trough a bluetooth connection on to the internet(via my internet-connected laptop), but I just cannot get the Blackberry online..the only service he gets is the "headset" one.. :(

Hope somebody can help me out!

Thanks in advance!

dc/dc
03-24-2009, 06:27 PM
No. BlackBerry does not work this way.

jsconyers
03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Why would you want to browse on your BB when you have the laptop connected with you?

mylesmar
03-24-2009, 07:33 PM
I'd also like to be able to do this at home because I have bad service at my house and can barely do anything with my phone, so I would like to have the option of using my laptops internet connection.
Can anyone figure out how to do this?

PsYfen
03-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Why would you want to browse on your BB when you have the laptop connected with you?

When somebody else is using it
When the laptop is busy with video-converting and at 100% of capacity
When you're just too lazy to get out of your couch and you just want to search something on google quickly :)

Hope somebody really can help us out on this.

Dubdub
03-25-2009, 06:55 AM
Did you read what dc/dc said? Cannot be done.

You can tether your BB to your laptop to use the BB's Internet on the laptop but not the other way around.

PsYfen
03-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Did you read what dc/dc said? Cannot be done.

You can tether your BB to your laptop to use the BB's Internet on the laptop but not the other way around.

I saw what he wrote, but I was kind a hoping he was wrong and there would be a software tool or anything..

Somewhere I read something about Bell Connect software or something like that, but it seems you have to pay by every data transfer you do with that software. (not sure about this whole story since I read it quickly)

dc/dc
03-25-2009, 09:42 AM
I saw what he wrote, but I was kind a hoping he was wrong and there would be a software tool or anything..

Somewhere I read something about Bell Connect software or something like that, but it seems you have to pay by every data transfer you do with that software. (not sure about this whole story since I read it quickly)

Friend, it is a very rare occasion that I am wrong when it comes to BlackBerry. I've owned 22 (yes, twenty two) BlackBerry devices in the last 4 years and have been a contributing member here for that same amount of time. My post count reflects that.