PDA

View Full Version : 7130c MP3 ringtone downloads via USB?

nellans57
03-25-2009, 08:11 AM
I just purchased a used unlocked 7130c that I am using on Centennial Wireless network. I got the phone for the calendar and other tool features, not web and e-mail; I do not have a plan that enables these features.. I am trying to transfer MP3 ringtones to my Berry from my PC via USB port and the Desktop Manager software, but the Roxio Media Manager software does not recognize that my device is connected, even though I can sync calendar and contacts. I downloaded version 4.2.2 of the Desktop Manager; is this the wrong version?

JSanders
03-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the BBForums.

On the 7130 you can't put ringtones on via Media Manager or the USB cable. You can email them to yourself, or download them via the browser. You've disabled the ability to do so by not having a BB Data Plan.

Other devices with Media cards can do so as you are attempting.

nellans57
03-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Does that also apply to wallpapers and/or themes? Is there a way to send a message (not e-mail) to my phone with a ringtone or JPEG as an attachment which I could then open and apply to my device? Sorry if my questions are stupid; I am totally new to the BlackBerry thing.

JSanders
03-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Yes. You will not have a fully functional device without the BB Data Plan due to your choice.

skivi
03-30-2009, 12:21 AM
Welcome to the BBForums.

On the 7130 you can't put ringtones on via Media Manager or the USB cable. You can email them to yourself, or download them via the browser. You've disabled the ability to do so by not having a BB Data Plan.

Other devices with Media cards can do so as you are attempting.

This is patently untrue. I have a 7130v with OS 4.2.1 and I load mp3's onto it quite simply and easily using Roxio Media Manager. The data plan has nothing to do with RMM communicating with your device via USB.

As for your problem, I can't offer any help other than to try wiping and reinstalling your OS. (back up data first)

ackers
04-05-2009, 09:11 AM
This is an interesting thread, it suggests a fundamental difference between a 7130c and a 7130v, not to mention the difference of opinion.
Nellans57, have you tried reloading the OS yet?