PDA

View Full Version : Does 8800 support Stereo wired headphones?

Brucey
03-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi all, first post, so be kind!

My BB works well and is very stable. But I have never been able to get stereo playback on headphones (wired, not bluetooth). My BB is as out of the box with OS 4.2.1.68, would upgrading make a difference?

Many thanks

Chris

dc/dc
03-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Yes, it does. However, you will need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter in order to use normal headphones with the device.

Brucey
03-25-2009, 03:14 PM
I already have headphones with a 2.5mm pin, and they work fine in stereo with other devices.

I just thought that the BB did not output stereo until I was reading some threads on bluetooth issues. It seems that it should output in stereo to wired phones, but mine does not. I am curious whether this would be a hardware issue or whether updating the OS would correct this. Trouble is that I do not really want to risk messing up other settings. It seems that if no-one else has had this problem then it may be hardware??

Brucey
03-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Well I updated the OS to 4.5.0.132 and now I get no sound at all out of the headset. When I plug them in it starts the voice recognition software....

The original BB supplied earpiece still works, so it looks as if it is the headphones at fault, being not compatible as referred in some other threads.

Ho hum