PDA

View Full Version : 8830 version 4.5 - Icons reset upon reset??

8703user
03-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey I've got a Sprint BB 8830 with newly loaded Blackberry software 4.5. Everything is working great except for one thing that's driving me up the frakking wall! (a little Battlestar Galatica cursing there for ya ;) )....

If I click on the power off icon and then power it back up, all the icons I arranged, hid, un-hid are where I expect them to be and things that I hid are hid and things I un-hid are un-hid. However, if I do a hard reset (pull the battery out). all the icons go back to some crazy default where lots of them are hidden and the order is all screwed up too. This never happened with the previous 4.3 or whatever I was on before. Any ideas? It's aggravating me to death. So basically I can't ever do a hard reset or I'll be stuck with rearranging all the icons again and hiding and un-hiding everything. Time-consuming and frustrating.

I'm using the BB Dimension Today Plus theme if that helps. Again, worked fine before the 4.5 upgrade.

FF2
03-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Yes, that is a known problem with the todayPLUS theme, or, at least, with the older one(s) that worked with 4.2 OS.

I went back to the NONE-PLUS theme and the icons/folders/hidden/etc all stay fine on a reset/reboot. I occasionally look for a new PLUS theme but have not settled on anything - some don't allow you to reorder the items on the HOME screen. I've looked at free/pay themes.

(by the way, your device model shows 8703)

8703user
03-26-2009, 05:32 AM
Thanks. Oh and I updated my profile.

mriff
03-26-2009, 05:59 AM
I liked the plus theme and used it all the time. But after the upgrade, switched back to zen because of the problems with it. Still looking for a plus theme that works.

kylere
03-26-2009, 08:02 AM
I had the same problem of finding decent free themes when I went to 4.5, I have settled in on the mobilink bold lookalike at forums.pinstack.com/local_links.php?catid=26

Man I will be glad when I get to ten posts