PDA

View Full Version : 8900 Apps Manager?!?

Peachies
03-26-2009, 02:11 AM
Im new to BB. Just got my 8900 afew days ago, and i find its quite slow compare to the time when i first got it. Just wondering if its becos if the applications running in shadow. Is that a App Manager to close them all like in Windows Mobile and Symbian? or BB OS is totally different?

Ulukia
03-26-2009, 05:10 AM
The closest would be Application Switcher. You can view what is currently running but in order to close them you would have to do so from within that applications themselves. To access Application Switcher, assign to a convenience key from Options > Screen/Keyboard. There might be a hot key but I'm not sure.

Peachies
03-26-2009, 07:35 AM
Is there any good 3rd party software for Application Manager? The switch application function is too slow and I have to turn off each app one by one. Would like a good calender any suggestions?

Cyclops
03-26-2009, 02:37 PM
The closest would be Application Switcher. You can view what is currently running but in order to close them you would have to do so from within that applications themselves. To access Application Switcher, assign to a convenience key from Options > Screen/Keyboard. There might be a hot key but I'm not sure.

You can also press and hold the "alt" key and press the "back" button to bring up the application switcher, you must hold the "alt" and select the application you want with the trackball.

Peachies
03-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Arhh.... good.... Thx Cyclops much faster....