PDA

View Full Version : A couple BB 7250 issues....

redgeek
03-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Alright, this thing is kicking my ass. I'm good with computers, but a Blackberry is a totally new experience for me.

Alright, I activated the thing yesterday. So that's all done with, and the phone part works like a charm. Got my email synced to it. That's cool.

The first problem I have is messaging. Email works fine, but it doesn't even give me the option for sending SMS or MMS messages. And I cannot find a FAQ or anything that will specifically address the problem.

The other problem is that I have no web browser on it. Supposedly it should be loaded with BB browser already, but it's not. So I'm paying thirty bucks extra a month for Web and Email, but I don't have the web part!

Please rescue me from this prison! Haha. Oh, and I'm running Mac OS X on my computer (I already downloaded PocketMac), if that has any bearing on what I need to do. Thanks!

dc/dc
03-27-2009, 06:37 AM
1. The 7250 is an old device, and not capable of sending MMS (though SMS will work).
2. If SMS is not working and you don't have a browser, the device probably has an IT policy on it blocking those features.

akosnitzky
05-02-2009, 07:26 PM
It is a great old phone for its time. Look at an 8xxx phone

Dubdub
05-02-2009, 08:55 PM
I assume that you have the BB data plan?

If so, resend the service books and that should make the BB browser appear.

As for SMS, that is generally a phone issue, unless, as dc said, there is an IT Policy stopping it. Might want to call your carrier and make sure SMS is enabled.

Look at the FAQ for how to remove the IT Policy.