PDA

View Full Version : Please help? Different PIN and IMEI

faisal92
03-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Please help me.

The PIN and IMEI on the back of my phone behind my battery is different then the one that is listed in my phone when i go into Options>Status.

I have never been able to use any data services even though i have a blackberry data plan. Could this pin problem be why????

ezrunner
03-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Wirelessly posted (overwhelmingly stressed)

Very well could be! I would go with the pin listed within the device itself

david9962000
03-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Why don't you log in your bis and click on change device and try both pins? One of the should work.

faisal92
03-26-2009, 07:28 PM
the one on the back off the blackberry says it needs to be registered????

Anyways i took it to Fido and they were baffled and luckily i suggested for them to contact blackberry and they did it. Unfortunately blackberry customer support was closed(8pm) so theyll try for me tomorrow. If anyone can resolve this problem it should be blackberry themselves rite?

jsconyers
03-26-2009, 07:31 PM
They will let you know what's up with the PIN. If it is locked or not. If it's locked there's nothing you can do. Let us know what they say.

faisal92
03-26-2009, 07:32 PM
for sure.. thanks for the support guys

Ekrimmer
03-27-2009, 12:36 AM
Just went through something very similar. Results=Not Favorable

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/181747-device-disabled-rim.html

takeshi
03-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Mismatches like this are definitely fishy. I'd take it back to the seller and get it replaced.

faisal92
03-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Ok guys. I talked to Fido Tech Support and Blackberry and apparantley there is nothing wrong. Blackberry really researched and said that the oin was definetly working and the different pin on the back might just have been a replaced sticker or a new pin was inserted in the phone. ANyways the pin is working and the blackberry data pplan is working so the only thing he said was to re install the OS because thats the only possible problem, My phone:(

Can anyone suggest where i can totally wipe my phone software and then re install a brand new one? hopefully this will work

faisal92
03-27-2009, 03:43 PM
i heard about a software called JL_cmdr that wipes the software. But i dont know where to download it.

jsconyers
03-27-2009, 04:00 PM
If you really want to go that route, here are the steps
How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F)

faisal92
03-27-2009, 10:43 PM
ok so i wiped the os and re installed a new version and.....TA-DA
i got a registration message to register my blackberry!!!! One problem, its with a carrier across the seas, o2. Is it possible for my pin to be registered with two carriers??
Fido says im registered with them and then i get a message from o2 saying to register with them. Just to make sure i went on the o2 blackberry site and apparently my pin is also with them because they offered to register me. I guess ill have to get back to tech support and find out what's going on??

Dubdub
03-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Wirelessly posted

AFAIK, only one PIN per BB can be registered. But then your situation is a new one for me.

faisal92
03-28-2009, 03:02 PM
ok so fido directed me to blackberry and i talked to them personally and they tried everything. They said that when the phone had been unlocked it had been damaged internally and the data features wont work. sooo i gues im done for......... back to nokia i guess. lol

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support. This forum is really awsome and probably one of the best support forums on the web!!