PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry RIM 7290 MMS problems

tbfelton
03-26-2009, 06:40 PM
I just got two blackberry phones first was a blackberry pearl in which after my hubby got it i send all our ring tones that we had you know the song ones to his phone right ok so he got them all. After I did that I shut down our old phones and started using my blackberry which is the RIM 7290. Well he has sent all the ring tones to me so I can have them all on my phone see we didnt save them to our sim cards but to the phones themselves. I know dumb. Questuion is it shows on his phone as the messages sent to me but I never got them. Any ideas what we did wrong. I am sent them twice like two days ago?

Dubdub
03-26-2009, 07:02 PM
First of all, I don't know if the 72xx series is capable of using ring tones. Second of all, if they are, then you really don't have the memory to store very many of them.

How did he send them? Email would be the only way sinc the 72xx isn't MMS capable either AFAIK.

tbfelton
03-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Ok so I was unknown to the fact that it was not MSS capable. I assumed it was seeing as it is a blackberry one of the most capable phones. I guess that is my problem then. Because we didnt buy them for emails and stuff well i mean we did until we realize all the extras to get it was versus our old phones. But I talk to ATT today about it and they should have said hey this phone doesn't recieve MSS. I noticed no MSS opition on anything so I guess that is why. Therfor we don't have the data plans for email. So this just sucks. I bought a new phone because i broke my old one and was using a GO Phone which won't do ring tones either. Crap so I am still in the same boat as before. I love my tones and wanted them back :(

dc/dc
03-27-2009, 06:35 AM
The 7290 is a very old phone, and incapable of sending and receiving MMS.

I know you had some other complaints about the devices you bought, and you really should have done some research before purchasing.

rambo47
03-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Anything without a camera is hit-or-miss as far as MMS goes. That's not restricted to Blackberrys.