PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect +0000 GMT times on outbound emails

Chuck Berry
03-27-2009, 12:32 PM
The Blackberry is incorrectly setting the local time on emails to +0000 GMT. If the BB displays the correct time and timezone, PDT, why are BB emails set with the incorrect +0000 GMT time in the origination date field ?

Can the email client be configured to set the correct local time on outgoing emails ?

WayneN
04-19-2009, 05:26 PM
The Blackberry is incorrectly setting the local time on emails to +0000 GMT. If the BB displays the correct time and timezone, PDT, why are BB emails set with the incorrect +0000 GMT time in the origination date field ?

Can the email client be configured to set the correct local time on outgoing emails ?

I am also finding this to be an issue. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Eleusis
05-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Same here.... sent an email at 9:30 pm, it tells my business contact that I'm awake sending emails at 2:30am?

Not really acceptable IMHO

JhonWilliams
05-07-2009, 02:54 AM
Hi,

The problem might be due to the correct date and time were not set on the BlackBerry device before email service was activated.

Please correct the date and time on the BlackBerry device.

1.On the Home screen of the BlackBerry device, scroll to Options.
2.Click the trackwheel to open the Date/Time menu.
3. Set the Time Zone, Time, Time Format, Date and Date/Time Source to the correct values for your area.
4. Click the trackwheel and choose Save Changes.

These steps will not correct the time stamps of email messages that already have been received on the BlackBerry device. The only way to change the time stamp on an email message is to send it again and delete the earlier one.(y)