PDA

View Full Version : Help with 7100i ! (nextel)

CyberManiaK
03-29-2009, 04:25 AM
Hi i was using a i850 and a friend give me a 7100i, so i put on my sim. but i cant send SMS messages, and neither access internet.

My nextel plan has unlimited data access, that is enough to use the internet on the berry ?

If go to options--advanced-- Host Routing Table, there i got a lot of IDEN 310 US but one is in bold. when i do the registration, i get message saying Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network.

On service book i don't have anything.

On main screen in the right corned it says nXTL. Because i'm on roaming right now i don't have phone i think thats why the n is not capital.

So what should i do to get internet access ?

Thanks.

juwaack68
03-29-2009, 08:29 AM
To access the internet you need a BlackBerry data plan.

dc/dc
03-29-2009, 10:01 AM
To access the internet you need a BlackBerry data plan.

Additionally, the 7100i is not capable of sending mobile-originated SMS.

CyberManiaK
07-28-2009, 01:22 AM
Here we go again.. but now my old i850 is dead, now i need to use the berry that I was talking about.

I can use PTT just fine.. but I really want to be able to compose messages I know that can't send SMS but MMs instead, and also get e-mails thru mynumber AT messaging.nextel.com

Right now that isnt working...

What should I do?? on my i850 sending e-mails and receiving was fine.

My plan does have.
# Unlimited Sms Text Messaging
# Unlimited Picture Mail
# Messages - Text, Pictures and Video Included
# Unlimited Data Access

I can't go to a local sprint dealer to take care about the problem, cuz i'm in Mexico right now. Also I tried my sim on a i833 and with that one I can recive but I can't send emails.

The letters under Signal Strenght are nXTL

BTW: In the messages i have only Compose Email

Is there anything I can do to make this thing work ?

Thanks..

corster101
09-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Mine did the same thing you need a certain SIM card take it into SPrint

corster101
09-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Also it only does MMS for some reason....

rambo47
09-09-2009, 09:00 PM
You need a Nextel BlackBerry data plan to use data features. That's why you can compose email but not send it. Same thing for your Nextel email account.