PDA

View Full Version : New Voicemail system on TMO?

hariswaminathan
11-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Today i noticed that my voicemail on TMO has been reset without warning
On running through the setup again i have now noticed that my 7100t has a new icon (blue) for voicemail instead of the old yellow envelope and they seem to have ported people to a new voicemail system.

Anyone else have the same experience?

SCODonnell
11-02-2005, 01:07 PM
I, too, just checked my voicemail and had to set it up all over again! No warning...

I have a yellow icon to indicate a voicemail message waiting on my 7100t, though. The icon goes away once I've listened to my voicemail.

ajstan99
11-02-2005, 01:10 PM
When dialing into VM I received a message that TMo will be upgrading over the next week and once completed, I will have to go through setup again.

BluePolaski
11-02-2005, 02:51 PM
I also got that message logging into voicemail. They said that there will no longer be a text message sent to tell me I have voicemail but a new icon will appear. I hope that means the little icon will disappear after I delete the message. I don't know about anyone else but I get annoyed as hell having to delete not just the message but also the text message to tell me there is a voicemail. I guess time will tell.

hariswaminathan
11-02-2005, 03:30 PM
I also got that message logging into voicemail. They said that there will no longer be a text message sent to tell me I have voicemail but a new icon will appear. I hope that means the little icon will disappear after I delete the message. I don't know about anyone else but I get annoyed as hell having to delete not just the message but also the text message to tell me there is a voicemail. I guess time will tell.

I hear you !! I also get annoyed with that damn stupid text mail.
Well i can tell you that you DO NOT get a text message anymore, but just a new blue icon indicating voicemail. Once you delete the voicemail the icon dissappears. Fantastic !

blkberryboy
11-02-2005, 03:33 PM
FWIW...My wife had her T-Mo voice mail reset. This may have been a netwprk wide change since she doesnt have a Blackberry but the basic flip phone. If yours hasn't changed it may be being done in certain areas at a time.

inversed
11-02-2005, 03:41 PM
T-mobile announced this VM upgrade earlier this year that they were rolling out in stages.... My VM was upgraded a couple months back.

From the flash:
"The Comverse VoiceMail project involves a migration of all T-Mobile customers to
the new Comverse platform in a staggered, market transition. This upgrade
includes the deployment of a new user interface (UI) for all T-Mobile customers.
The successful deployment of this new UI will help the company create lifetime
profitable customers by providing a better, easier-to-use VoiceMail experience
while establishing a single platform that enables new VoiceMail features to be
cost-effectively deployed nationwide.."

jibi
11-02-2005, 04:04 PM
ours was updated about a month or two ago. and yes, it was publicized, in the news, on your bill, on your VM messages, via SMS, etc. i got probably 10 notifications of it prior to it happening within a month or two of it happening.

the one thing that annoys me the most is the fact that you can no longer push '1' to bypass the greeting and the operator. instead, you have to sit and listen to the damn lady's voice and then you can leave your message.

kd78
11-03-2005, 02:14 PM
the one thing that annoys me the most is the fact that you can no longer push '1' to bypass the greeting and the operator. instead, you have to sit and listen to the damn lady's voice and then you can leave your message.

I agree. I can't stand that. Also, if you do press 1 to try to bypass, you get another sentence or two thrown in by the "lady".

While we are on the subject, I wish that when listening to voicemails, it wouldn't take the time to say "your message has been deleted, press 1 to undelete". No need for that message every single time.

jibi
11-03-2005, 02:23 PM
oh god, i hate that one as well. seriously, that lady's voice is annoying. i wish they would have put CZJ's voice on the VM system... that would have atleast made it more soothing.

BluePolaski
11-04-2005, 12:04 PM
I am in Michigan and TMO said that they were scheduled to start this overhaul on Nov 2 or 3 but it has been delayed. Is there anyone else in the area that has had there voicemail upgrade? Or anyone know what the schedule is. The TMO rep could not tell my why it was delayed or for how long.

FLIP954RR
11-04-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm in NYC and no change at all.

BluePolaski
11-09-2005, 10:49 AM
I called my voicemail this morning (9am Eastern) and I got what I was waiting for...the setup for my voicemail! Finally, I do not have that stupid text message when I have a voicemail. Little...errr...blue things (dare I say they do look like balls or half of a cassette tape) appear with the voicemail. And better yet, THEY DISAPPEAR WHEN I DELETE THE VOICEMAIL! :smile:
Funny how I am so excited about something that is basically standard on every other cell phone around. Oh well.

Cheers

dlpisgreat
11-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Dallas here, Voicemail works just like it did before. Still the yellow message icon appears because it is an SMS message to the phone indicating that you have a message waiting. Running 4.0.2.49

nickp
11-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Dallas here, Voicemail works just like it did before. Still the yellow message icon appears because it is an SMS message to the phone indicating that you have a message waiting. Running 4.0.2.49

Nothing to do with you device firmware level at all. The new VM system (or MWI - Message Waiting Indicator) has been the talk of the town for several months. It has been a systematic roll out to various parts of the country. T-Mo is finally up to par with all of the other providers' VM systems.

TXBBUSER
11-09-2005, 05:34 PM
No voicemail update in Austin either.

nickp
11-09-2005, 05:36 PM
ours was updated about a month or two ago. and yes, it was publicized, in the news, on your bill, on your VM messages, via SMS, etc. i got probably 10 notifications of it prior to it happening within a month or two of it happening.

If you are leaving a message, I believe you can press the # sign and get a beep right away.

If you are retrieving your own messages, you can always activate the Short Menu feature from within your VM box to expediate the process.

winnjr
11-10-2005, 09:38 AM
I wish TMO would offer voice-activated commands for VM, like the ability to just say "delete" and then confirm with "yes" or similar. I called UPS's toll-free number the other day and got all my information answered without pressing a single button on my phone. For example, if you call 800-555-1212 for the toll-free directory, it's all voice activated.

dlpisgreat
01-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Dallas was changed over to the new VM system Fri or Sat 1/27/06. Received a "Network Notification Message" popup on the handset rather than the traditional SMS message.

Went to get VM and I had to go through the whole setup routine in order to get the message.

muskiemania
01-30-2006, 07:35 PM
im in san jose, ca and i haven't been able to access vm all day long...