PDA

View Full Version : Email opens on removal from holster

allanmcconnell
11-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Is there any way preventing email messages from opening when I remove the unit from the holster?

blkberryboy
11-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Dont take it out of the holster....:razz:

Jk... seriously though, wait a few counts longer after your alert before removing it from the holster.

dkmadrid
11-02-2005, 01:05 PM
I don't think there is a setting that controls this function. Are you using Pocketday, by chance? I believe it is a function of the Pocketday application, but I'm not 100% sure. I don't think that happens when I'm not running it.

KonTiki
11-02-2005, 01:09 PM
It happens always if your quick to the draw, in other words if you unholster as soon as it gets there it opens it for you, if you on the other hand wait a little while before unholstering it you will then have to actually open it yourself.

penguin3107
11-02-2005, 01:19 PM
I don't think there is a setting that controls this function. Are you using Pocketday, by chance? I believe it is a function of the Pocketday application, but I'm not 100% sure. I don't think that happens when I'm not running it.

It's got nothing to do with Pocketday.

blkberryboy
11-02-2005, 01:26 PM
It's got nothing to do with Pocketday.

Gee thanks... A little mopre info could help

lraed74
11-02-2005, 01:45 PM
I think its within 20 seconds if taken out, the email pop's up automatically

NJBlackBerry
11-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Here's more information. It TOTALLY has nothing to do with Pocketday. If you pull the BB out of the holster within 10-15 seconds of a message coming in, the message is opened. This has been asked many times on the boards. If you don't want the message to be automatically opened, do not take the BB out of the holster for 15 seconds after the message alert. There is no other way today to prevent a message from automatically being opened. Pocketday or not.

penguin3107
11-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Gee thanks... A little mopre info could help

Help with what, retard? The question was already answered... what more could I have offered?
You answered the question yourself for christ sakes. Not to mention it's been answered 100 times in previous threads.

crisambo
11-02-2005, 02:22 PM
You can enable Security . . . so the first screen you see is your Owner's info . . . but then upon unlocking email will still open.

Just curious why wouldn't one want the message to open automatically if you will read it anyway. The reason you draw your BB is to see what you had received, isn't it?

nb_mitch
11-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Maybe he just like practicing his draw :)

I never knew this "feature" existed, as this never happens, I guess I am just slow. I generally wait until after it vibrates twice so I know if it is email or a phone call. If it is just email, I normally wait until I feel like reading or out of a meeting, etc.

I guess I learned my one thing today, I can go home now :)

Mitch

SCODonnell
11-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Just curious why wouldn't one want the message to open automatically if you will read it anyway. The reason you draw your BB is to see what you had received, isn't it?

A good number of people in my organization like to put "Read" receipts on the messages. For that reason, I like to have a chance to look at who is sending the message, and sometimes the subject line, before I decide to open the message.

I've learned to be patient and wait the 20 or so seconds before taking my BB out of the holster :wink:

BlackBurner
11-02-2005, 05:02 PM
why else would you be taking it out 15 seconds after a message,anyway???

Dawg
11-02-2005, 09:17 PM
Geez penguin you forget the happy pills todayHelp with what, retard? The question was already answered... what more could I have offered?
You answered the question yourself for christ sakes. Not to mention it's been answered 100 times in previous threads.

penguin3107
11-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Geez penguin you forget the happy pills today

Actually... one too many ;-)

Soapm
11-02-2005, 11:02 PM
My problem is just the opposite, I am only alerted for level 1 messages and I would like them to open when it is not holstered. Any thoughts on that?

Dude
11-02-2005, 11:16 PM
A good number of people in my organization like to put "Read" receipts on the messages. For that reason, I like to have a chance to look at who is sending the message, and sometimes the subject line, before I decide to open the message.

I've learned to be patient and wait the 20 or so seconds before taking my BB out of the holster :wink:

An alternative for you could be to disable wireless email reconcilliation. When in the Inbox, do Options > Email Reconciliation. Go through all your Message Services and set the options you want.

Henchy66
12-08-2005, 01:43 PM
I have a user whose emails never automatically open when unholstered, we have tried a different holster with the same results. Any ideas why?

Mantis
12-08-2005, 02:17 PM
$50, a new related thread will pop up again :D

ShaneToronto
12-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Take the magnet out of your holster. That'll do it.