PDA

View Full Version : BB replies and Outlook "related message" search feature

rcrecelius
03-31-2009, 02:00 PM
I dont know if this is an Exchange issue, Outlook issue, or Bb issue but I bet someone here will have an opinion.
I work for a small automotive warehouse and we have several BB users. We have an Exchange(2003 I believe) Small Business Server...the BB's use POP3 to receive company email.
When I got my BB I decided that in order to better track my BB responses, I set the BB to Auto BCC myself(my work email address) and then I set up a rule in Outlook to move replies from me to be moved to the Sent Items folder. This has worked great for me but our VP is a fan of the "related messages" search feature in Outlook and he is complaining that when he receives an email and replies to it from his BB, then later he tries to find all emails via "related messages" in Outlook and it does not find his BB reply.

I thought I had it narrowed down to only happening when someone using Outlook 2003 initiates the email but today he tells me it happened with an email initiated by an Outlook 2007 user.

I'm completely puzzled as to why "related messages" works sometimes and other times it does not.

Any Ideas?

rcrecelius
04-27-2009, 10:58 AM
btt