PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with the media folder

EriktheViking
04-01-2009, 03:00 AM
Hi all...heres a problem for you experts out there...I have the latest OS 4.5 on my 8800 and love it...the interface is really cool, especially the media folder...when I have the 8800 synced to my computer I put videos into folders, but when I go to look at them on the BlackBerry they are all in the same folder and try as I might I can't seem to fix it...it's just a small problem, I can live with it but I can't figure if I am doing something wrong or it's a bug in the software...if anyone has an answer I would really appreciate hearing from you...thanks in advance...Erik:bb:(y)

FF2
04-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Media Player appears to scan the entire device (at least, on my 8830) and shows it, or in your case, videos, in "one location."

I don't konw about the 8800, but if you really want to see items by folders, you might try opening Media Player, then press the Menu/BB key, and use Explore. You can explore the folders and when you see a video, select it and it will open Media Player and play/show it.

EriktheViking
04-02-2009, 03:02 PM
That works perfectly thanks...unfortunately it doesn't show the cool interface of the new OS...but then you can't have everything...hey we have BlackBerry's which are pretty cool phones so who cares...thanks for the reply...Erik

Gossioii0
04-17-2009, 04:27 AM
Excellent tips .I really appreciate all these points, and I agree completely…

SteveO86
04-17-2009, 01:27 PM
There are file manager apps out there, that will you navigate your folders and then launch the media app when you click on movies/music.. Check the aftermarket software forum, BBFileScout is a good program.