PDA

View Full Version : How to know which carrier has locked my blackberry?

manibalraj
04-01-2009, 12:50 PM
I used Jl Cmder to format my blackberry 8900. But the problem is that I dont which is the original carrier of this blackberry. I installed my carrier operating system and it was successful, but the problem is that i get a agreement from blackberry when turning on the device and i am not able to click ok button in the agreement so that I use the phone. The strange thing is that I am able to see the icons and background on the back. Can someone let me know how to find the original carrier for my phone so that I can install their operating system and try.

The agreement contents: "This handheld device includes software that is proprietary and confidential to research in motion........if you agree, click ok"

Thanks

dc/dc
04-01-2009, 01:37 PM
It sounds as though you have an engineering handset.

From where did you purchase this unit?

manibalraj
04-03-2009, 09:16 AM
I purchased it from a shop and I think the phone was unlocked as I was able to use my carrier in my country in this phone. Actually what I did was just used JLCmder to format the phone and reload the os of my carrier after using the phone for around 6 months. By the way what is engineering handset? Can you please help me to get back my phone?

JSanders
04-03-2009, 09:32 AM
1. Determine for certain if your BB device is unlocked.
read this and let us know.
How do I determine if my BlackBerry is "unlocked"? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_determine_if_my_BlackBerry_is_%22unlocked%22%3F)

2. That software agreement screen is not uncommon on some Beta Os releases. I've had it on several on both my Storm and 8900.

Spovik
04-03-2009, 01:11 PM
You can also hit Shift+ALT+H to check vendor ID. no idea how the format would affect that.

iLawCDN
04-03-2009, 07:11 PM
I used Jl Cmder to format my blackberry 8900. But the problem is that I dont which is the original carrier of this blackberry. I installed my carrier operating system and it was successful, but the problem is that i get a agreement from blackberry when turning on the device and i am not able to click ok button in the agreement so that I use the phone. The strange thing is that I am able to see the icons and background on the back. Can someone let me know how to find the original carrier for my phone so that I can install their operating system and try.

The agreement contents: "This handheld device includes software that is proprietary and confidential to research in motion........if you agree, click ok"

Thanks

You generally don't see it at first, but use the trackball and scroll all the way down. Eventually, you see the "OK" you are supposed to click.