PDA

View Full Version : Deleting e-mail 7100t

tgfny
11-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Have notify turned off, yet it asks me if I wanna delete on mailbox and handheld, on handheld, or cancel. Have tried all the settings on Delete on on e-mail reconcilliation and always get it. How do I get it to go away? No notify on delete on SMS's at least. Is this a new software glitch?

SCODonnell
11-03-2005, 11:28 AM
I have a 7100t as well, and actually wanted to configure it the way you have it now :smile: The way I had it originally would only delete on the BB.

It took me awhile to figure it out but it's actually 2 separate settings:

1) While in your BB inbox, select Options | General Options and make sure confirm delete is "No"
2) While in Options, select Email Reconciliation set the "Delete On" to your desired outcome (Handheld, Mailbox and Handheld, Prompt)

It sounds like you have the "Prompt" option selected now.

Hope that does it for you.

lalainohio
11-03-2005, 02:51 PM
by the way SCODonnell I have a cat that looks exactly like your drunk cat...

Anyway- I not get prompted with that option all the time.. I push the option to delete it from my handheld and mailbox and it doesn't delete from my Gmail account.. that is where my emails come from so that is where i assume they would be deleted.

TXBBUSER
11-03-2005, 04:59 PM
I think when it asks about deleting from mailbox, that is the BB mailbox, not the POP3 mailbox from which the BB pulls your email. Only deleting email from that server will delete it, which is a feature I like.

tgfny
11-03-2005, 06:38 PM
I have a 7100t as well, and actually wanted to configure it the way you have it now :smile: The way I had it originally would only delete on the BB.

It took me awhile to figure it out but it's actually 2 separate settings:

1) While in your BB inbox, select Options | General Options and make sure confirm delete is "No"
2) While in Options, select Email Reconciliation set the "Delete On" to your desired outcome (Handheld, Mailbox and Handheld, Prompt)

It sounds like you have the "Prompt" option selected now.

Hope that does it for you.

Nah, I have it set on handheld and have tried it on both mailbox and handheld and handheld.

BBSpike
11-03-2005, 07:02 PM
When it says mailbox I think it is referring to an enterprise mailbox. I am on a BES and with work email I can select delete from mailbox and it will delete the message from outlook, but with pop3 and gmail (I forward it to my BB) it will only delete on the handheld.

tgfny
11-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Fixed it, on e-mail reconcile, had to change to my e-mail addy from the tmo addy.

lalainohio
11-04-2005, 11:44 AM
What is email reconcile again?