PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry not syncing with Lotus Notes Address Book

ChrisHuffy
04-02-2009, 09:25 AM
I have a blackberry 8830. When I add a contact to my blackberry it will not sync to my Lotus notes address book. I have wireless sync turned on. Any idea on what could be wrong ? :smile:

Jadey
04-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Are you on a BES?

ChrisHuffy
04-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Yes I'm on BES

Jadey
04-02-2009, 09:57 AM
If you create a contact in Lotus Notes, does it appear on your BB?

(I am asking this as if the answer is yes, it means your notes PAB is correctly specified on your BES account.)

ChrisHuffy
04-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Yes if I create a contact in lotus notes it will appear on the blackberry but if I create it on the blackberry it will not appear in lotus notes.

Jadey
04-02-2009, 10:08 AM
OK, this could be one of two things:

a) wireless reconciliation not in line
b) permissions not right on your notes PAB

As far as B goes, do you know the name of your Domino BlackBerry server? If you DO, please open your Address Book in notes, and click on FILE > DATABASE > ACCESS CONTROL LIST, and let me know what level of access the BlackBerry server has.
If you do not know the name of your Domino BlackBerry server, you need to talk to your BES Admin.

As far as a) goes, try this:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-admin-corner/112387-blackberry-not-syncing-address-book-bes.html#post797872

DavidAdams
04-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Is your Notes PAB a separate db, or are you using the iNotes version?

Jadey
04-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Edit regarding advice for "b" above:
Sometimes the BlackBerry Domino Server will be in the LocalDomainServers group, as opposed to having an individual entry in your Address Book ACL.
You can check whether it is a member via the Domino Directory (company address book).
IF the Domino BB server does not appear directly in your ACL, but IS a member of a group in your ACL, please let me know what that group permission is.

Jadey
04-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Is your Notes PAB a separate db, or are you using the iNotes version?

Aah, good spot, I always forget iNotes.

DavidAdams
04-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Aah, good spot, I always forget iNotes.

We don't use iNotes either but I know some do. Well we do but none of our BB users do.

CO_BBTechie
04-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Do you also have a BIS account on the device? If so, you may be adding your entry to a secondary address book on the device, rather than the primary that is sync'd to the server.