PDA

View Full Version : down loading pictures

handygary
04-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi, I Have have taken some pictures on my curve but have trouble down loading them from the phone to the pc, as I am new to this I am not even sure I can do this? they are not on the media card. can any one help?

rambo47
04-02-2009, 02:36 PM
When you connect the BB to your pc via USB, you should be prompted to allow the BB to enter Mass Storage Mode. Allow this by clicking Yes and your media card should mount to your pc like any removable storage device. You can then navigate to the pictures and to a drag-and-drop to whatever location on your pc you want to use to store the pics.

Make sure in Options > Memory that you have Media Card Support set to On. I also like to have Encryption Mode set to None. Otherwise you will get a weird file type that won't be recognized by anything but your Blackberry.

handygary
04-02-2009, 02:43 PM
HI rambo47 many thanks- but I have just recieved the BB today and did not have chance to put in the media card, so the pic are on the phone memory? so there is no mass storage at present. many thanks Gary

rambo47
04-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Once you install the media card you will have the option to explore the entire Blackberry, not just the media card, when the media card mounts. It will be the doorway to allow your pc to view the entire device.