PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to get full HTML browser?

exsterminator
04-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Like on the iPod? I have an 8800. If not, why the hell not? It can't be that difficult to do if a media-oriented unit like the iPhone has one. Any ideas if RIM are planning on doing this? I looked at a Bold today and couldn't understand why I might want to upgrade since it is in essence the same (I had mistakenly thought the browser was full HTML).

jsconyers
04-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Have you tried the Bolt Browser or Opera Mini? Also, what is your Emulation set to?

exsterminator
04-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Have you tried the Bolt Browser or Opera Mini? Also, what is your Emulation set to?

Apologies but I have no idea what Bolt or Opera Mini are? Clift notes and which one might be best with BES??? As for emulation, where do I find out?

dc/dc
04-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Apologies but I have no idea what Bolt or Opera Mini are? Clift notes and which one might be best with BES??? As for emulation, where do I find out?

Hi friend!

This forum has a great search feature that will explain what Bolt and Opera are, as well as how to check the emulation.

exsterminator
04-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Hi friend!

This forum has a great search feature that will explain what Bolt and Opera are, as well as how to check the emulation.

Thanks for the reply. I searched "emulation" before asking my question and it came back with 10 pages of related searches which to be honest, is a bit of a challenge to wade through when you are not the most tech savvy. You should see how many come up under Opera Mini!

Simply put, if you can offer me some guidance on where I can find answers that relate to the 8800 model that would be greatly appreciated. I searched "bolt browser" in the 8800 forum and only 3 answers came up, one of which was my thread and the other 2 were useless.

SteveO86
04-02-2009, 07:37 PM
You can just Google, Bolt Browser or Opera Mini, they are 2 alternative browsers for the BlackBerry.

Open your browser, go to options and into the browser options, in there it will say Emulation Mode, having it set to BlackBerry will get you redirected to WAP/mobile friendly sites.