PDA

View Full Version : network@etp Emails in an Exchange Enviroment

Ricecook
04-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi,

I've got a user getting the network@<hidden> emails in his inbox on the PC. They do seem to be deleted automatically after 1-5 minutes. I've been reading all the old topics on this, but they all seem to assume that reidrector was set up by mistake - I have him running redirector on purpose. This is in a normal Exchange enviroment and the user doesn't have any additional POP accounts or anything like that.

I've never seen it do this before... One thing that's different here is the user is running Outlook through Citrix, so technically he's interacting with outlook on a different computer then the one doing redirection.

The entry in blackberryFAQ is unclear on this situaiton... Should I try deleting the service books even if I really am running redirector intentionally? Or does he just have to live with this?

Thatzmister2u
04-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi,

I've got a user getting the network@<hidden> emails in his inbox on the PC. They do seem to be deleted automatically after 1-5 minutes. I've been reading all the old topics on this, but they all seem to assume that reidrector was set up by mistake - I have him running redirector on purpose. This is in a normal Exchange enviroment and the user doesn't have any additional POP accounts or anything like that.

I've never seen it do this before... One thing that's different here is the user is running Outlook through Citrix, so technically he's interacting with outlook on a different computer then the one doing redirection.

The entry in blackberryFAQ is unclear on this situaiton... Should I try deleting the service books even if I really am running redirector intentionally? Or does he just have to live with this?

You can try having them connect to the redirector and generate a new encryption key. You can get a few now and then but I beleive you will get bombared if your key is out of date. Worth a shot anyway.

E-

penguin3107
04-02-2009, 05:48 PM
What's the reason for running Redirector?
Does the user not have the ability to integrate BIS with OWA?

Ricecook
04-06-2009, 04:17 PM
What's the reason for running Redirector?
Does the user not have the ability to integrate BIS with OWA?

This client doesn't have OWA access. Their people are not pernitted to work from home. Of course, my BB user is the one exception...