PDA

View Full Version : Help! swapping out phone today

Joemero
04-03-2009, 10:43 AM
I have an 8830 Sprint WE, which has several issues and is going to be replaced today with a warranty/new one. I would like to delete everything from the device before swapping it out. I've already synched with my laptop and did a back up as well. What's the quickest way to delete everything and leave it with the original default settings. Also, I have Ascendo Data Vault do I just delete this app and it's gone for good? Will I have to repurchase it in order for it to work with the new phone with new pin?

Also, when I get the new phone is it better to run a recover from my laptop or a regular synch to get all my data on the new phone?
Thanks!

jsconyers
04-03-2009, 10:47 AM
If you made a backup, use that to restore the data to the new device. Also, if you want any 3rd party apps, follow these steps:
How do I backup my Third Party Applications on my BB? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_backup_my_Third_Party_Applications_on_my_BB%3F)

The quickest way would be to go to Options > Security > General Settings > Menu Key > Wipe Handheld. Make sure to check the box to delete 3rd party apps.