PDA

View Full Version : updated with new OS & lost web browser

txgirlff13
04-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey everybody!!
Noob here & I have a question.

I have an 8830 WE which I updated the OS last night to 4.5.0.135. I got emails up until about 0430 this morning. I was running errands and went by the Sprint Store (unrelated issue-it was for my hubby) when the salesperson asked me where my web browser was. I looked, she looked, the tech person there at the store looked & I now I can't get my emails or get on the internet. It works great as a phone, the only thing missing is my web browser. (n)

Got home and called Sprint technical support we tried everything in their arsenal to fix it. Now I am being told I can get a replace through Sprint for "X" amount of dollars. Now my question is...is there any way to recover my web browser & get it installed again? OR do I just need to get a new phone? :?

I backed up my BB last night, (I think) AFTER I had installed the new OS.

I appreciate any suggestions...
Thanks,
txgirlff13

SteveO86
04-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Login to your BIS sites and resend the service books. https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint

Have you done a battery pull since the upgrade?

On your device you can try this Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table, hit the menu key and choose register.

txgirlff13
04-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks for replying,

Yes, I have already tried all those suggestions. The service books would send & I would receive nothing on my BB. When I try to provision I get an "error 1012". I did a battery pull, then a total wipe; still no web access. When I sent a registration message it just say "OK" then nothing. I even pulled the micro SD card & formatted it. I haven't put it back yet, but..who knows? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

SteveO86
04-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Has Sprint removed your BB Data plan and re-added it?

As a last resort maybe downgrade back to 4.2.2 and see if the browser returns.

txgirlff13
04-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Yes, they did that yesterday as well. One quick question, where do I go to downgrade back to 4.2? I want to try to figure this out. Thanks for your assistance!

SteveO86
04-05-2009, 11:38 AM
As long as you still have the 4.2.2 OS.

How do I downgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_downgrade_the_OS_on_my_BlackBerry%3F)

txgirlff13
04-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks, working on downgrading, will let you know if it works! much appreciated!

txgirlff13
04-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Nope didn't work. No worries. I really do appreciate your help very much!

txgirlff13
04-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Hey!! Downgraded and that did not seem to work, SO I called Sprin Blackberry help desk, and what do you know?!? The stars were aligned perfectly and we got my web broswer fixed PDQ. BUT SteveO86 it helped alot because she told me to do just about everything you suggested, and I could tell her "I already did that." Again, I apprecaites you help, BIG TIME!!

SteveO86
04-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Cool, you got it back.

Do you happen to remember what they did to get it back. I'm just a bit curious. :)

txgirlff13
04-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Well, I contacted Sprint BB Support, I was going to admit defeat & tell them to just send me a new phone. Well, the customer support person said they were having computer problems, could we try a few things again before we try anything else. We provisioned it the first time and she re-sent my service books with absolutely NO problem. It was weird, but I am grateful it is fixed. Now, I am just having problems getting my apps back on my BB but I will figure it out. ;)

txgirlff13
04-05-2009, 09:07 PM
I guess I should add that I am probably gonna keep the downgrade for a while. I feel a little out of my league, I think the BB is smarter than I am!!

SteveO86
04-06-2009, 05:57 AM
I guess I should add that I am probably gonna keep the downgrade for a while. I feel a little out of my league, I think the BB is smarter than I am!!

My BB is smarter then me to :oops: it tells me where I should and what I need to do lol.

I wouldn't give up completely on 4.5 it has a lot of advantages, I would at least wait for a newer version to be released.

I'd get more comfortable with it and try again. I've done dozens of OS upgrades (personal/work) and have barely ran into problems. It's not too complicated just very time consuming.