PDA

View Full Version : Help! My application memory keeps decreasing!

Lt_Dan87
04-05-2009, 05:35 AM
It is currently at 22.7 MB, a couple hours earlier it was at 28 MB, and yesterday it was at 35 MB. I havent installed or downloaded any applications, the only stuff i have downloaded were pictures and i saved them to the media card. What is happening? Does anyone know what is wrong?

ezrunner
04-05-2009, 06:27 AM
Wirelessly posted (overwhelmingly stressed)

You have a memory leak!
Or you are leaving applications running in the background

jesal
04-05-2009, 06:40 AM
do one thing just remove ur battery and put it again in ur phone than check wat is ur application memory .... it should be abt 40 mb

Lt_Dan87
04-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Wirelessly posted

How exactly do you remove the battery from the bold?

NJBlackBerry
04-05-2009, 07:39 AM
The same way as every other BlackBerry. You remove the back cover, and take the battery out.

Stinsonddog
04-05-2009, 09:39 AM
This is NORMAL folks. When you DL content it doesn't go into a chocolate easter egg for later consumption. The memory gets consumed like the egg, now, not later. If you don't use your BB at all you won't have this issue, yet I assume you are like most of us and prefer to use it. Have FUN with your BB, but don't eat it please.

Motorcycle Mama
04-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Lt_Dan is constantly posting "the sky is falling" threads like this. He seems to still be having a hard time understanding the functions of the device.

Lt_Dan87
04-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Wirelessly posted

Does anyone know why this happened? The only application I have ever downloaded is BBweather. I want to prevent this in the future, cause now my back cover won't stay on firmly like it was before, so I don't want to have to remove the battery again

jsconyers
04-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Dan,

Please search. There are literally tons of threads already on memory leaks. Do you leave BBWeather running? If so, don't be surprised if it consumes memory/battery life. How do you exit out of it when your not using it? Do you press the red end call key?

PastahZach
04-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Wirelessly posted

Does anyone know why this happened? The only application I have ever downloaded is BBweather. I want to prevent this in the future, cause now my back cover won't stay on firmly like it was before, so I don't want to have to remove the battery again

Theres no way to really prevent it, It is normal.

Lt_Dan87
04-05-2009, 01:29 PM
No I make sure every application is closed, Im not a newbie to my BB anymore

How can I prevent this? Is there any easier way then removing your battery if there is no way that you can prevent this problem?

jsconyers
04-05-2009, 01:32 PM
No I make sure every application is closed, Im not a newbie to my BB anymore

How can I prevent this? Is there any easier way then removing your battery if there is no way that you can prevent this problem?

Not a newbie but not sure how to remove the battery, right.

How are you closing the app? How are you sure it's not running?

devnull
04-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Dan,

This will provide the answer to your question.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/search.php

jsconyers
04-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Devnull,

That's a futile attempt. Dan has already admitted that he doesn't search because it's easier for him to have others do the search for him.

Here is the proof: http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/183232-applications-free.html#post1336680

Lt_Dan87
04-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Not a newbie but not sure how to remove the battery, right.

How are you closing the app? How are you sure it's not running?

I thought that it was one of those devices with a battery that cant be removed. I have a bold, the back is leathery so I didnt figure that it was removable. I wish i didnt do that though cause now the back cover is broken or something, it doesnt stay on firmly.

And I close the apps by pressing menu, then pressing 'C' to close, how am i sure its not running? Cause i press alt and the escape key and it isnt open.

And yeah I have used the search function, but dont feel like bumping an old topic

Does anyone know how to prevent this? Or is it just a plague for everyone?

stricni
04-05-2009, 02:39 PM
when your in your media or any other application instead of pressing the end key you should selct menu them select the CLOSE option. this will close the apps instead of leaving it running in the background.

dc/dc
04-05-2009, 02:44 PM
I thought that it was one of those devices with a battery that cant be removed.

Are you serious?

How did you get your SIM card into the device when you bought it? Or did you think the Bold didn't use SIM cards?

jsconyers
04-05-2009, 02:44 PM
You can press Alt + Right Shift + Delete and it will act as a battery pull, although not as thorough.

Motorcycle Mama
04-05-2009, 02:45 PM
... snip

Does anyone know how to prevent this? Or is it just a plague for everyone?
Read post #6. Especially the first sentence in that post.

Lt_Dan87
04-05-2009, 02:51 PM
You can press Alt + Right Shift + Delete and it will act as a battery pull, although not as thorough.

Thanks, I will try that next time this happens, hopefully it wont though.

I am still concerned about my back cover though, for anyone with a Bold, when you remove the back cover and put it back on, does it fit in FIRMLY, as if you never took it off? Like mine, I can press down on it as if it were a button, it wont go on all the way, I dunno what to do, I might take it back to the AT&T store see what they can do

dc/dc
04-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks, I will try that next time this happens, hopefully it wont though.

I am still concerned about my back cover though, for anyone with a Bold, when you remove the back cover and put it back on, does it fit in FIRMLY, as if you never took it off? Like mine, I can press down on it as if it were a button, it wont go on all the way, I dunno what to do, I might take it back to the AT&T store see what they can do

at&t will not do anything for you. It's natural for the back to loosen.

Lt_Dan87
04-05-2009, 02:58 PM
at&t will not do anything for you. It's natural for the back to loosen.

I dunno, it feels kind of "cheap" now. Everytime I start texting something i can feel the back pushing everytime I press a button, this cant be right

dc/dc
04-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I dunno, it feels kind of "cheap" now. Everytime I start texting something i can feel the back pushing everytime I press a button, this cant be right

It is right.

If it really bothers you, cut a business card and tape it to the back of the battery. This will tighten it up.

Lt_Dan87
04-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Damn that sucks, like I said it feels cheap, it doesnt have a powerful feel to it anymore. Im gonna go to the store tommorow anyway just to see what they say.

dc/dc
04-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Damn that sucks, like I said it feels cheap, it doesnt have a powerful feel to it anymore. Im gonna go to the store tommorow anyway just to see what they say.

LOL. Ok.

xkylar
04-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Mine isn't loose at all mulitple removals. Then again you didn't know that it could be taken off. Maybe it's the way you took the battery cover and battery off that messed it up. Did you use anything to pry it off? You shouldn't have to cose there's a button you can press to release the battery door.

knottyrope
04-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Wirelessly posted

How exactly do you remove the battery from the bold?

This is so funny, 4 year old can take off the back cover and take out the battery.

BCollins521
04-06-2009, 12:25 PM
My daughter (3 yrs) takes my battery out of my 8900 any chance she can get cause she knows it gets to me...she knows how to take the battery door off and how to pull it