PDA

View Full Version : Hourglass flashing nonstop! Help!

jennykat
04-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Any thoughts on why my 8330 would be flashing the hourglass thing over and over again? I've taken out the battery, restarted it, etc. but still does it.

dankarlinski
04-05-2009, 02:47 PM
try this How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_free_up_memory_on_my_device%3F)

ezrunner
04-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Wirelessly posted (overwhelmingly stressed)

Go to options>status what is your free memory?

jennykat
04-05-2009, 03:49 PM
My little wrench icon is gone. Hmmm. That's where "options" is, right? what the heck? Grrrr. How do I get my icons back?

jsconyers
04-05-2009, 03:51 PM
From the homescreen, Menu Key > Show All

jennykat
04-05-2009, 03:55 PM
You rock.

Jazmine123
05-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Any thoughts on why my 8330 would be flashing the hourglass thing over and over again? I've taken out the battery, restarted it, etc. but still does it.

hi...I had this problem too I was directed to call technical support for my service provider--Telus. I spoke with a Blackberry technical support lady and was asked to do 3option that you have done already and the one that seems to have cured it was to reinstall the software again. You will have to download this installation file package called "Blackberry Smartphone Software download 4.5"....Since my provider was Telus---I had to go to mytelusmobility.com, clicked my smartphone unit 8330 curve (showing my phone specs,etc), looked for "software download for telus" button in the middle right side of the screen--depending on your service provider,registered my name-etc, then it let me save the file smartphone 8330 software download 4.5 to my c drive where I have the Blackberry folder within my pc. I plugged my blackberry with my pc, looked for the file, dobleclicked to install and it looked for my desktop manager and started downloading. it then gave me the list of updates and i just clicked update and the desktop manager uploaded everything automatically on my phone. This took about an hour from downloading to updating your phone unit. Make sure to backup your phone thru the desktop manager so youre sure. This turned my settings back to normal and the hour glass stopped draining my phone. So far its been 4hours and my blackberry seems to be functioning normally.
if yours still doesnt speak to a technical support again or make arrangements to repair it since this seems to be some software/driver glitch.
Goodluck!Hope this helps! :-)

Software For BlackBerry® Curve (TM) 8330 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.205 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.205
Consisting of:
Applications: 4.5.0.138
Software Platform: 3.4.0.30
File name: 8330uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel205_PL3.4.0.30_A4.5.0.138_Telus_Mobility.exe
File size: 82.72MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software

lqfocus06
05-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Reinstall your OS. My girlfriend's roommate had the exact same problem. She reinstalled her OS and it works fine after that.