PDA

View Full Version : IMEI Research

notkidding
04-06-2009, 04:31 AM
I buy and sell a lot of Blackberry's on Ebay and I was wondering if there was any software out there that I can DL that will allow me to make sure that the phone is working 100%. Basically I want to make sure that the phones I am selling are in proper working order.
Thanks for the help! Nick

takeshi
04-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Looking at the IMEI isn't going to tell you everything you need to know. AFAIK there's no software to confirm that the PIN isn't tied up with a BIS account.

notkidding
04-06-2009, 08:38 AM
OK So before I sell these phones I need to call the carrier with the IMEI or ESN# to make sure that the phones are not stolen and that they are not tied to a contract anywhere. Is there anyway to run a diagnostic test on the phone to make sure they are in perfect working order?

sabrewulf
04-06-2009, 10:14 AM
I would be nice if carriers had some type of IMEI check on their website.

notkidding
04-06-2009, 10:18 AM
I know there are a couple of International carriers that offer it. You would think it would be a pretty easy thing to add to the carrier website...

So no word on software that can analyze the phone to make sure that it is in proper working order?

sabrewulf
04-06-2009, 10:41 AM
I know there are a couple of International carriers that offer it. You would think it would be a pretty easy thing to add to the carrier website...

So no word on software that can analyze the phone to make sure that it is in proper working order?

I doubt it. Software would require a connection to their network and I don't think they would allow that. I don't even think authorized resellers have that option and it's something that needs to be checked directly with the carrier. A site would be make more sense.

notkidding
04-06-2009, 11:02 AM
What I am looking for is software that can analyze the phones to make sure they work properly. I am not looking for information and out the status of the with the carrier.