PDA

View Full Version : Switch off from a blackberry?

cxxpxxc
04-07-2009, 08:56 PM
lately ive been sick of my blackberry since it has been constantly breaking and att wont give me a new one. Im just wondering how i would go about switching to a new phone. Could i just buy something like a blackjack unlocked and put my sim card in? or is there a whole process i must go through./thx

unbb
04-07-2009, 09:35 PM
You'd need to tell them to switch you to a regular data plan also.

david9962000
04-07-2009, 10:01 PM
What's broken in your 8310?

Dubdub
04-08-2009, 06:44 AM
What seems to be the problem(s) with your device?

cxxpxxc
04-12-2009, 06:56 PM
the bbm doesnt work, the brickbreaker doesnt work, and the phone lags and takes 20 min to do anything. I took out the memory card and that fixed it for like a few days.

NJBlackBerry
04-12-2009, 06:59 PM
How much free memory do you have (Options / Status will show that).

takeshi
04-13-2009, 09:20 AM
You'd need to tell them to switch you to a regular data plan also.
...and have them delete your BIS account.

rambo47
04-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Do you have a Blackberry data plan? Not some generic smartphone plan, but a bona fide Blackberry data plan? That's critical to the entire Blackberry experience. Also, if you're running low on internal memory you need to do a re-start by pulling the battery while running. When a Blackberry runs low on internal memory (called "memory leak") the device slows down, some apps won't launch, and the Blackberry can freeze and lose messages. Sounds like when you pulled out the media card you pulled the battery to get at it. That would perform the reset and you'd be good for a while. Sounds like it wasn't the media card, but the act of pulling the battery out that helped you.

If you put your SIM card into a Blackjack, and if you have a Blackberry data plan, you will automatically get the full MEdia Net data plan on your new Blackjack. It's best to change the plan to save some money. The basic MEdia Net plan is cheaper than the Blackberry plan. But it will work immediately in case you want to try it and see if it's right for you without changing your Blackberry plan. That way you can go back to a Blackberry if you decide it suits you better.