PDA

View Full Version : Email Reconciliation Help

esbe02
04-08-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm having trouble with reconciling my deleted emails on my BB and my email account. A bit frustrating to find my email account filled with hundred of emails that I've deleted on my BB still there.

I've already checkmarked my email to synch deleted items in mailbox and device on my TMO site. I've also resent service books and selected "reconcile now" on my device when in "messages."

Any ideas?

I'm running 4.6.1.199 OS and my email accounts are yahoo and gmail.

ejmccartin
04-10-2009, 08:00 AM
I have the same problem, but only with gmail. yahoo behaves properly.

anyone have a clue? both accounts are set up the same way.

Dubdub
04-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Have you tried setting them up using IMAP?

ejmccartin
04-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Have you tried setting them up using IMAP?

yes, gmail is set up at imap.

TXLady
04-10-2009, 10:53 AM
I do not believe Yahoo has an IMAP option, only POP3.

ejmccartin
04-10-2009, 11:22 AM
just as a test I disabled the POP from gmail and now don't get anything from them with only IMAP enabled.

beyond changing the settings on the gmail page, what else can I change? Tmo's site doesn't have anything I can change - it has always been set to reconcile. am I missing something obvious?

esbe02
04-10-2009, 03:55 PM
reconciliation on my yahoo account used to work but obviously something occurred to make it stop working. Not sure what I did, again, I tried resending service books, checking TMO's website to see if I could change any settings, hard reset, etc.

My gmail has never worked, but that doesn't bother me too much because that is my professional email account as opposed to yahoo being my personal email where I get a lot of spam emails, subscriber emails, marketing junk, etc.

Getting yahoo to work would be great... can you give me your steps and maybe I can give it a try to get it working again.

thanks in advance.