PDA

View Full Version : Need Urgent Advice about BBerry and ATT

300zxmuro
04-08-2009, 10:45 PM
I am sending my iPhone back to ATT and planning to get a BB Bold.

Now, I do not have enterprise BB server at my company. We do not have OWA address (otherwise i would have kept the iphone).

My friend at work has a BB with T-Mobile and using the regular web address to access MS Exchange he is able to push the email w/o any problems. Of course he set the domain/user/pwd and web site and that is it.

I am wondering if I can do the same with ATT. I am concerned of paying to keep not receiving corporate email to the phone.

Any input would be appreciate it.

bigolsparky
04-09-2009, 06:18 AM
Wirelessly posted (8310)

I have mine forwarded to my AT&T e-mail account. You just have to make a rule to delete all of the sent e-mails from Outlook. Works great for me.

dc/dc
04-09-2009, 06:19 AM
If your coworker can do it, you can too.

dc/dc
04-09-2009, 06:20 AM
Wirelessly posted (8310)

I have mine forwarded to my AT&T e-mail account. You just have to make a rule to delete all of the sent e-mails from Outlook. Works great for me.

For the OP's situation, that's not the best way to do it.

Dubdub
04-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Wirelessly posted (8310)

Not a good idea to use the carrier supplied email account. You open yourself up for tons of SPAM if it gets harvested as it is totally unfiltered. In case of a data outage, you can't read email to that account since there is no webmail option. And you cannot take the account with you when/if you change carriers.

takeshi
04-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Now, I do not have enterprise BB server at my company. We do not have OWA address (otherwise i would have kept the iphone).

My friend at work has a BB with T-Mobile and using the regular web address to access MS Exchange he is able to push the email w/o any problems.
If your second sentence is true then you have OWA.

I am wondering if I can do the same with ATT.
Your carrier doesn't matter.

bojo
04-09-2009, 07:00 PM
If you have web access to your e-mail server, you should be able to have it sent to your BB (provided you know the address, in box name, etc). It sounds like your friend should be able to help with the particulars. Or, you could use the re-director program to "re-direct" your e-mails from Outlook to your BB. I have done this for a bit and while it works, it does have some down side (must leave computer & outlook running, unable to open attachments). Once I found out how to access my e-mail through the web, its been much better!