PDA

View Full Version : Can I copy entire address book to SIM? 8310

Frantic22627
04-09-2009, 07:42 AM
I have a new Bold 9000 and need to get all my address book data to the new phone. To do that I first must have the addresses on the sim card of the 8310, as I understand it.

But I seem to be able to copy only one address at a time and further, it will not copy anything from the address book other than name and phone number. Email addresses, physical addresses, etc are not copied. I need this, too!

Any help would be appreciated.

Frantic

penguin3107
04-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Actually, the way you're describing is probably the most painful way to move your address book.
There are much easier ways.

Just install BlackBerry Desktop software and use the Switch Device wizard. That will move everything from your 8310 to the 9000.
If you don't need everything, then just use the Backup/Restore feature of BlackBerry Desktop and move only what you need.

TXLady
04-09-2009, 09:42 AM
You cannot copy anything except the phone numbers, one at a time, from the BB to the SIM.

As recommended, you can use the switch device wizard.

Highly recommended that you back your BB up in some manner on a regular basis anyway. Can be done by simple backup using DTM. Or sync to Outlook (or other PIM).

Trimix
04-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Wirelessly posted

Do as penguin described. There is no way to transfer email and other info aside from phone numbers to a SIM card. Those are only designed to take name and number one at a time.

takeshi
04-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Yup -- SIM phonebook support on the BB is intended for migrating from a "regular phone" (one that uses the SIM phonebook) to the BB.

Once you're on the BB make sure you regularly sync and/or back up to a PC. From then on you'll transfer data via the PC.

Frantic22627
04-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Peguin, Your info is "spot on."

Downloaded software and the task is done. Many thanks to other responders, too!

No longer,

Frantic