PDA

View Full Version : 7290, T-Mobile and BES

Burgerking
11-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Hi,

I have a 7290 on a T-Mobile data only plan, and also have BES 4.0. I would like to set up my own exchange server and use BES to activate the 7290 wirelessly, but the Enteprise Activation Tool vanished after activating the device with T-Mobile.

Is it possible to reset the device so that I can activate it from BES, and if so, do I then lose the T-Mobile instant email?

Thanks,

Burgerking.

stonent
11-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Delete all the service books from the phone and it will re-appear. Or you can just select enterprise activation from the wrench menu but I like clearing the servicebooks out to avoid any issues.

Branko
11-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Burgerking,

Here is a step you might wanna try to get that icon back:

1.Confirm that the icon is not hidden from displaying on the home screen by accident.
2.On the home screen, click Options, Service Book.
3.Select the item [Provisioning] from the menu.
4.Click the trackwheel and select Delete.
5.In the confirmation dialog box, click OK.
6.Confirm that the Enterprise Activation icon is now present.

To check if icon is hidden:

1.While on the main screen, hold the alt key and press the Trackwheel.
2.Select Show All from the menu shown below.

3.The Hidden Icon will reappear with an X through it.
4.Highlight the hidden icon, hold the alt key and press the Trackwheel.
5.Uncheck Hide Icon.
6.The icon will now appear on the home screen.

If the above steps dont work try going into options>host routing tables> click in the track wheel on the highlighted t-mobile entry and select register now, then check if the icon is back.

Branko

Burgerking
11-05-2005, 07:15 AM
Thanks for this - I deleted provisioning and the icon re-appeared.

In the next few weeks (or months!!), I will be setting up Win 2003 SBS, Exchange Server and BES 4.0, from scratch possibly on two boxes at home.

I plan to push web server content to the device eventually - for now the priority is to get the boxes set up correctly.

Thanks again for your help.

Burgerking