PDA

View Full Version : recieving email

neanea
04-10-2009, 07:08 PM
I have configured my blackberry to receive emails from 3 accounts and find that all emails go into messengers folder instead of individual accounts. How to fix this ?

Trimix
04-10-2009, 07:12 PM
That's normal. Everything goes into one folder. A 3rd party app like Empower might help you maintain separate inboxes for each email addy.

Dubdub
04-10-2009, 08:27 PM
I have configured my blackberry to receive emails from 3 accounts and find that all emails go into messengers folder instead of individual accounts. How to fix this ?

That is how the BB works. There should also be a mail folder for each account as well. However, you delete it from one place it is gone from all.

neanea
04-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Is there any freeware for this ?

neanea
04-16-2009, 05:45 AM
That is how the BB works. There should also be a mail folder for each account as well. However, you delete it from one place it is gone from all.

how to also stop the 'new mail' icon to come on and red light flashing when i recieve new office mail?

Jadey
04-16-2009, 05:59 AM
how to also stop the 'new mail' icon to come on and red light flashing when i recieve new office mail?

Options > General Options > Display New Message Indicator > Change from YES to NO
This will stop the icon of an envelope with a red star when a new msg is deposited.

To stop the LED also, you need to go into your active profile and change the LED option.
The menu steps here are slightly OS version specific, but it is roughly:

Profiles
Scroll down and select Advanced
Scroll to profile you want to change, click menu key, select Edit
Scroll down to, and select, Messages
Change the Repeat Notification from LED Flashing to None
Exit menu, saving changes

neanea
04-16-2009, 06:43 AM

Jadey
04-16-2009, 06:44 AM

I just told you that!

Go into your messages folder:
Options > General Options > Display New Message Indicator > Change from YES to NO
This will stop the icon of an envelope with a red star when a new msg is deposited.

To stop the LED also, you need to go into your active profile and change the LED option.

Profiles

skyman84
04-16-2009, 06:49 AM
Is there an echo in here?

Jadey
04-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Apparently so ;-)

neanea
04-16-2009, 07:32 AM

Profiles

can this be done for office mails only and not other mails?

dc/dc
04-16-2009, 07:50 AM
can this be done for office mails only and not other mails?

Yes.

neanea
04-16-2009, 08:12 AM
how do i separate office mails to other mailbox? like those internet mails?

neanea
04-16-2009, 08:16 AM
i can't find Options > General Options > Display New Message Indicator on my handheld too

dc/dc
04-16-2009, 08:16 AM
how do i separate office mails to other mailbox? like those internet mails?

Have you done any of your own research to solve your problems? Are you related to Lt_Dan87?

Jadey
04-16-2009, 08:27 AM
i can't find Options > General Options > Display New Message Indicator on my handheld too

Go into the messages folder
Call up the menu
Select options > general options >

The field should be in there

Jadey
04-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Right, I am getting confused so let's clarify.

* You have a BB connected to BES?
* You also have several BIS email accounts setup?
* The BES messages only show up in the "Messages" folder?
* The BIS accounts have their own "inbox" icon AND the messages appear in the main "Messages" folder?
* You are trying to disable the new mail icon AND flashing LED for BES mail, but not BIS mail?

If the above is not correct, please clarify.

neanea
04-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Right, I am getting confused so let's clarify.

* You have a BB connected to BES?
* You also have several BIS email accounts setup?
* The BES messages only show up in the "Messages" folder?
* The BIS accounts have their own "inbox" icon AND the messages appear in the main "Messages" folder?
* You are trying to disable the new mail icon AND flashing LED for BES mail, but not BIS mail?

If the above is not correct, please clarify.

All correct!

Jadey
04-16-2009, 09:31 AM
OK, for the flashing LED

Go to the main icon screen on your Bold
Go to (and select) Profiles
Scroll to the profile that you want to change (i.e. "Normal"), click menu key, select Edit
Scroll down to, and select, Messages [Desktop] - this is the section for your BES mail settings
Do NOT change any options on the BIS mail sections

Note: If you use more than one profile on your BB, you will need to make this change on all profiles you use.

I will get back to you on the Message Folders.

jsconyers
04-16-2009, 09:37 AM
This may be of some help:
BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BES_Users_FAQ#I_want_to_keep_my_personal_mail_and_work_mail_separate.__How_can_I_separate_my_BES_mail_from_my_BIS_mail.3F)

Jadey
04-16-2009, 09:41 AM
This may be of some clarity for the OP.
BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BES_Users_FAQ#I_want_to_keep_my_personal_mail_and_work_mail_separate.__How_can_I_separate_my_BES_mail_from_my_BIS_mail.3F)

I seem to recall an advance on this situation... But I don't want to send anyone on a wild goose chase until I can find the link.

I'm still not sure it would be possible anyway, because:

From what I can tell, even if you managed to create a folder for BES mail and hid the main "Messages" folder (which I seem to recall is how the "hack" worked) the Message Options > General Options covers ALL mail that would end up in the "hidden" Messages folder (i.e. BES and BIS).
AFAIK, the "show new mail indicator" is either on or off, it cannot be split per message folder.

But I need to do a bit of searching/testing to confirm 100%

Jadey
04-16-2009, 10:02 AM
OP - this is NOT a "fix" for what you want

jsconyers - does this seem as per what I alluded to above?

How to create a separate icon on the BlackBerry smartphone for BlackBerry Enterprise Server messages only (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/viewContent.do?externalId=KB15003)

You can split out a BES-mail folder now (or your BES Admin can) but I still think that as the "show unread messages" setting seems to be under a menu item that is common to all mailfolders (any message folder > options > general options seems to go back to same global settings) with NO option for service specific configuration, I cannot see how you can turn off the red-star icon for one but not all messaging services.

jsconyers
04-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Is this what you're referring to?
View Document (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15003&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialogID=73586040&stateId=0%200%2074980739)

If so, this is a global change and not an individual user change.

Jadey
04-16-2009, 10:05 AM
OT (WHY is blackberry.com btsc ALWAYS so slow?)

jsconyers
04-16-2009, 10:06 AM
You're not kidding. It took forever and a day to find that article.

Jadey
04-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Yes, it is the same article I posted. There is also one explaining how to create a filter to hide non-BES mail from Messages folder (so that one is user specific). I would post the link, but blackberry.com appears to have died for me.

It does not negate the fact though, that all messages are technically still in the general "Messages" folder, and the new mail setting seems to be linked to that.

So although there are ways to separate corp email (via BES or BB) and set the LED flashing indicator as per message service, I cannot find a way for OP to do that with new mail indicator.

jsconyers
04-16-2009, 10:19 AM
BlackBerry.com is timing out for me as well.

I have also come across the hide the enterprise mail article. I guess it all boils down to what the OP really wants as an end result.

Jadey
04-16-2009, 10:21 AM
The OP wants to disable the new mail indicator for BES but not BIS.

AFAIK, the new mail indicator (icon, red star, NOT flashing LED) is not service specific, but is either on or off for all mail.

So from what I can ascertain, it is not possible to 100% do as OP wants.

jsconyers
04-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Yeah, it appears to be for all accounts, not account specific.

neanea
04-16-2009, 10:27 AM
it will be good enough if you can help me separate corp email and BIS email into different folders?

Jadey
04-16-2009, 10:30 AM
K, is your device a Bold?

neanea
04-16-2009, 10:32 AM
yap

Jadey
04-16-2009, 10:37 AM
OK, how many folders do you have at the moment? Just the main "Messages" folder with everything in it? Or the Messages folder plus one for each of your BIS addresses?

neanea
04-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Messages folder plus one for each of your BIS addresses

Jadey
04-16-2009, 02:46 PM
OK, I assume that you are not the BES Admin?

neanea
04-17-2009, 04:13 AM
OK, I assume that you are not the BES Admin?

Nope

Jadey
04-20-2009, 02:33 PM
You have 2 options:

1. Ask your BES Admin to make a change to the server. This obviously will depend on your BES version, BB OS version and DM versions.
This will create an "Enterprise Only" messages folder and hide the main "Messages" folder. The link for this has already been posted above.

2. If that is not going to happen, all you can do is create a search in the Messages folder to hide non-Enterprise messages. It is not really a clean Enterprise-only folder, but there is not much else you can do. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/documentLink.do?externalID=KB14683