PDA

View Full Version : VERY SLOW Tethering of 8700g

rugmankc
04-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Security specs are below. I am tethering my 8700g with my laptop. When I did this last year it had the speed of my phone. This time pages take forever to load or don't load. It took me four tries just to get to this screen. Is there anything to do to speed this up. I changed download speed in connection setup to max. And how do I know if this tethering connection is secure and not being piggy backed.

I am posting this because as stated the last time I did this it was slow but no where near this bad. Most pages are unusable.

Ken

dc/dc
04-10-2009, 10:10 PM
There is nothing you can do.

If the area where you are right now has connectivity issues, then your tethering connection will suffer. My suggestion is to try tethering somewhere else (where you are connected to a different tower) to see if it is just that tower. If it is still slow, your device may have a problem, and you should upgrade to a newer model such as the 8900.

rugmankc
04-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Wirelessly posted

Thanks for the reply

I am in the same spot I was last year. I do ok with just text sites and speed has increased a little. I only do this for two days twice a year. So not a big deal and I know the 8700 would be slow and non-existant with video. If my skype call goes ok tomorrow all will be fine. I did some IM last night and it went fast. Hope the voice does as well.

Ken