PDA

View Full Version : 8700V UK Unlocked Question

mac30
04-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi All

My work gave me my old 8700v I called Vodafone UK and they helped me Unlock it...

My job is now in Spain And have been given a nice spanking new Blackberry Storm...

Question is....

I would like to give my Old Blackberry to my Girlfriend so she can email and so on....

I am just slightly worried as i be using Vodafone Spain Do I have to configure the settings on the 8700 for The Spanish settings or is it inteligent enough to work itself out...

Other wise I am sure I be charged lots of money for Roaming UK to Spain on its current Setting...

Hope You Can Help :)

Anthony

PS: There is no Vodafone network settings I can see in my options setting or anything to do with Vodafone uk...All I see in Automatic Search or Manual (Guess thats Roaming Networks)

mac30
04-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Is there Anyone that can answer my question?????????????????

axelm
04-13-2009, 02:34 PM
You first need Vodafone UK to release your PIN.

Once that is done then you need to unlock your BB so it can use SIM cards from other operators.

Then you need to insert your girlfriendīs Vodafone Spain SIM in the BB and get a BB data plan.

mac30
04-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Vodafone UK Have Unlocked The Blackberry I put a number in my phone for it to unlock...

Now I need to know weather It can be used in Spain Vodafone ES

Or again do I have to Call Vodafone UK To Unlease my PIN?

axelm
04-14-2009, 07:26 AM
Ok, so your phone accepts SIMs from other operators.

Now you should get your girlfriends SIM card, insert in the 8700 and hire a BB data plan. If Vodafone ES says that the BB PIN is already registered by another operator you need to get Vodafone UK to release it.