PDA

View Full Version : New BB register?

johnohio
04-11-2009, 04:37 PM
I got my 8310 last week from AT&T (Refirb online store). Do i need to register it with RIM? Anything else i need to do with it when you first get a BB? Thanks

Trimix
04-11-2009, 04:45 PM
If you got it from AT&T, it should be ready to go right out of the box. If you had a previous phone with a SIM card you can just pop in your old card into the new phone. Otherwise nothing extra you have to do. The first time you turn on the phone, they'll take you through basic setup: language, email, etc. No need to register with RIM.

johnohio
04-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks. That is what i thought. It is working fine now that i figured out somethings about alerts and how to make them not wake me at 5am. Now i just need to add a bigger media card (had a 512meg card not being used) and get a case for it. I am afraid i will drop it and kill it with my bad luck lately. Prob sould get a car charger since i am on the road for almost all of my work day.

Trimix
04-11-2009, 05:00 PM
It'll definitely be good to get a bigger media card if you want to carry files on your BB (you can use it like a flash drive). I use it primarily as my mp3 player. Battery should last easily for a full day's of usage (phone calls, emailing, browsing internet), but might be good to get a car charger just to be safe. Enjoy! It's a great phone.

Dubdub
04-11-2009, 05:01 PM
make sure you log into your BIS account and change the PIN and IMEI so your email will come to the new device.

If you had a backup, run restore so everything from the old device is moved tot he new one.