PDA

View Full Version : Emails can not send or Receive 7290

jtechie
11-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Hello all,

I have called Cingular support and they keep trying things and nothing is working.

First off let me say I have installed many of these for users before, and never had the problem that I am having now before! We use 2003Outlook for email

And we have a blackberry server inhouse, we have removed the user and re-added him. The blackberry does sync with the Laptop. MY GPRS are caps I get a signal 5 bars! I have installed 4.1 desktop manager and uninstalled it and reinstalled 4.0 because Blackberry support said I should have the Desktop Manager on my Blackberry? I have never seen this on the blackberry before. Can anyone check there device to see if this is true?

I have also noticed that the red light has never blinked, I have also taken a new unit out of a new box and switched the sim card and battery out of the one that is giving me this problem and that did not work either? I know I left something out, but has anyone else seen this before?

Thanks..

i_am_puddy
11-04-2005, 05:12 PM
The blackberry should not by synching with the laptop it should be set for wireless synchronization with the Blackberry server. The desktop manager software is almost obsolete once you have the device synching with the server. Has the device gone through Enterprise Activation?

jtechie
11-07-2005, 12:48 PM
hello,

Thanks for the reply, In the Enterprise Activation area on the device there is a PIN number!

There is above asking for a Email Address and a password witch I do not know?

Also when I send a test email from the device to my inbox this is what it says read below:

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry Handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.
BEGINETP 463
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!!
ENDETP -522872093

Zro
11-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Desktop manager is installed for desktop redirector.

Check the mail profile on the desktop computer to make sure that mail delivery is set to the Exchange server and not a local pst as default delivery location.

On the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, right click on the user and choose properties. On the first page near the middle will be the "Set Enterprise Activation password" section and set an EA password. then on the handheld go into the Enterprise Activation screen, enter in that users email address and the password you just set and do the activation wirelessly.

Zro