PDA

View Full Version : Two seperate users sharing one desktop machine

Slackdaddy
04-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Hello All,
I am new to these forums and Blackberries as well. My wife and I bought 2 8330 Curve model Blackberries the other day. Now I have a question, is there any way to set up the Blackberry desktop manager so that it recognizes the two separate devices and syncs them accordingly? So my info does not wind up on my wife's Blackberry and vise-versa. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TroyDBrown
04-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Hello All,
I am new to these forums and Blackberries as well. My wife and I bought 2 8330 Curve model Blackberries the other day. Now I have a question, is there any way to set up the Blackberry desktop manager so that it recognizes the two separate devices and syncs them accordingly? So my info does not wind up on my wife's Blackberry and vise-versa. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need a little more info but yes you can. First I would guess you use different profiles on the PC? Are you syncing to separate Outlook files?

Slackdaddy
04-12-2009, 06:27 PM
We generally do not pay attention to the login. It is usually my account. At the risk of sounding ignorant. Could that fix the problem?

Slackdaddy
04-12-2009, 06:33 PM
You also asked about outlook files. I do not believe that we are using them.

Motorcycle Mama
04-12-2009, 06:43 PM
So what data are you wanting to sync from the computer to your phones?

Slackdaddy
04-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Yahoo contacts mostly

Trimix
04-12-2009, 06:52 PM
By default, BlackBerry desktop manager is able to distinguish between separate devices (it's based on the device's PIN). All you would need to do is go into the advanced options and tell BB DM which data and data program you want to sync for each of your devices. Be sure to plug in the device when you look for these advanced options.

takeshi
04-13-2009, 09:22 AM
I'd recommend separate Windows user accounts but you can certainly sync them under the same login. Just be careful and pay attention.

Trimix
04-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Wirelessly posted

If you are using Outlook, you can create separate profiles so the two devices maintain separate contacts/calendar/etc., or it can also share a combination of those components -- no need to create a separate windows login, if you don't want to.