PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Blackberry Curve, Gmail

killacam865
04-12-2009, 06:35 PM
I am getting my blackberry in the mail next week. It is a Curve and will be on the sprint network. I use Gmail for my primary email and was wondering what is the best way to get my gmail on my Blackberry Curve. I don't know whether to have it forwarded or pushed or any of that stuff. Please explain the best way and fastest way. Thanks!

Trimix
04-12-2009, 07:08 PM
When you first turn on the device it will take you through a setup process. One of the things you can do is set up your email address so you can receive it on your phone. I'm pretty sure it's that simply. (Of course everything is provided that you have the BlackBerry data plan from your cell provider).

akosnitzky
04-12-2009, 07:29 PM
How to add / delete email addresses - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_to_add_/_delete_email_addresses)

killacam865
04-12-2009, 07:34 PM
When you first turn on the device it will take you through a setup process. One of the things you can do is set up your email address so you can receive it on your phone. I'm pretty sure it's that simply. (Of course everything is provided that you have the BlackBerry data plan from your cell provider).

Will this ensure that all of my emails to my Gmail account will be instantly pushed or forwarded to my BB? Cause I have heard sometimes of a delay.

akosnitzky
04-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

yes

joeygator
04-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Will this ensure that all of my emails to my Gmail account will be instantly pushed or forwarded to my BB? Cause I have heard sometimes of a delay.

There is sometimes a delay. Most of the time it is almost instant. There have been some recent updates to gmail with the blackberry so it should be pretty seamless. I have only lately used my gmail account with gmail mobile email loaded on my curve. But the native email on the blackberry is usually better (to me) unless you have a reason to have a separation of emails from gmail and another address.