PDA

View Full Version : I munted my screen

EriktheViking
04-13-2009, 06:34 AM
I am an idiot! I had my BlackBerry in my pocket with some coins and they have scratched the screen. I have tried to polish the scratches out, but no success.
My question is this, is it possible to buy the shell for an 8800 as the inside is still perfect? I have got a case for the phone and have started using it but that is sort of like closing the door after the horse has run away.
I really love my BlackBerry and am so angry with myself for damaging it and do not want to have to replace it.
Please can you help?
:oops:

FF2
04-13-2009, 08:42 AM
I am not sure but cnn.cn does sell various replacement parts. And I've seen threads on folks replacing their own screen. I believe there is also a video on the process. I replaced the keyboard on my 8830 using cnn.cn

rdrum
04-13-2009, 09:30 AM
I am an idiot! I had my BlackBerry in my pocket with some coins and they have scratched the screen. I have tried to polish the scratches out, but no success.
My question is this, is it possible to buy the shell for an 8800 as the inside is still perfect? I have got a case for the phone and have started using it but that is sort of like closing the door after the horse has run away.
I really love my BlackBerry and am so angry with myself for damaging it and do not want to have to replace it.
Please can you help?
:oops:

Try BB Repair Shop "BBrepairShop.com - Blackberry repair parts for BlackBerry 8100, 8120, 8130, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8800, 8820, 8830, 9000" (http://www.bbrepairshop.com/repairparts.php?category=)

You can buy individual components or even a whole new housing rig. They also sell the screwdriver(s) that you will need for your particular model.

EriktheViking
04-14-2009, 04:44 AM
Thanks guys...I will follow up on the advice and post my results for you...

EriktheViking
04-14-2009, 04:54 AM
Both sites are fantastic! I have gone with cnn.cn because it was half the price of the other one...I hope its not half the quality lol...brilliant now I can restore my little BlackBerry to its original condition ...Thanks for the info guys...