PDA

View Full Version : What Do I Do Now???

Ruli
11-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Was given a 7100t, no parts, black scratched screen. Cannot open the back. Thought this was great.

Have another T-Mobile SIM card with phone number but cannot open back of BB case. Have ordered usual accessories.

Need Screen Replacement, battery? General suggestions on what I might need to do for this unit to become operational and useful. many thanks.

John Clark
11-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Why can't you open the back? does it turn on at all? Have you tried just charging the battery? You need a blackberry sim card. The standard phone sim cards are programmed differently from Blackberry sim cards. You may get it to work as just a phone but who knows for how long. It's not the greatest phone if that's all it will do. Need a lot more info here.

Ruli
11-05-2005, 06:13 PM
thanks for the reply John. No Blackberry SIM card, just ordered accessories thru EBay which includes the chargers. The little back button won't release the back panel and the light doesn't go on. I am feeling a bit had on the gift. Anything I can do to put this thing to use besides deep 6ing? Ruli

John Clark
11-05-2005, 06:21 PM
I guess I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to get the back cover off unless someone superglued it on or something...hold the button in and slide the cover downward and it should release. If there's a battery in it you should be able to plug it in and charge the battery and turn it on. But, if you can't get the cover off, you can't put a sim card in or a battery in it. I'd work on that first.

AlbertoM
11-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Unless it is a mockup model, you know, one of those props that they use in the stores......

John Clark
11-05-2005, 11:48 PM
ooh! Yeah. Hadn't even thought of that! I bet that's what it is. Bummer if it is!

KonTiki
11-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Is the screen showing a menu all along or is it blank, the dummys have a picture under the screen to make it look like the real thing.