PDA

View Full Version : Phone turns off out of nowhere?!?!?!

nychika82
04-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Ok well the problem that i have since yesterday is when i talk on the phone for like 10 mins or so static is heard then phone just shuts off.. or sometimes there wont even be static at all it will just shut off on its own. the battery life is not causing this because it can be full or 75%.. etc but its never low battery for this to occur! Now the weird thing is, i told my father about this problem so he gave me his brand new blackberry curve to have (same phone just brand new) and what do you know the same thing happens. I thought it could've been the battery but i tried like 3 different batteries, and same thing happens. I'm thinking my sim card got a virus or so (don't even know if this is possible) because there is no other explanation for this to happen. I didn't damage the phone at all, this problem just happened out of nowhere.. can someone please help?????

Trent14
04-14-2009, 03:18 AM
Im not sure but i did have this problem with my Nokia, i even had it on the charger and it still cut out.
I just put up with it but it went away but i dont know, i brought a new batt and it stil did it.
I can help, im just a noob, but this has happened to me

SteveO86
04-14-2009, 05:34 AM
Any changes since then, new apps, OS updates, BT headsets?

Got an active warranty?

akosnitzky
04-14-2009, 06:00 AM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

I am on wap so I don't know which device. If you have a media card, remove it and see what happens

dc/dc
04-14-2009, 06:20 AM
FTR, SIM cards don't get viruses, and neither do BlackBerry devices.