PDA

View Full Version : calendar issues

morrow95
04-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Okay, well all my appointments are not showing up on my today theme. I have setup the default services to be my email address, however, all my appointments show as 'default' calendar therefore they do not show up. If I add a new appointment it does show up and is listed as the email address and not he default.

I have no idea how this happened, but I am assuming it was during an os upgrade. Previously ALL appointments were always listed as my email and now they are this 'default' calendar.

Is there any way to fix this other than deleting all appts and re-entering them so they use my actual email as listed in the default services? This is extremely annoying and has to be some kind of bug with the last os update.

CableGuy711
04-14-2009, 04:27 PM
what OS are you on?

asdf37
04-14-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm also getting the same problem. Just occurred today around 5pm.

I was not receiving any emails since yesterday, I assume from the BIS issues. I resent my service books at 5 and got all my emails, but now the today plus theme doesn't show my entries. The calendar entries are in the calendar though.

not sure if this is the same problem as the OP.

I have the .206 OS.

morrow95
04-14-2009, 05:23 PM
latest os here as well... and cant figure it out... from what I can tell it took all my appts and changed them from my default calendar (xxxx@<hidden>) to what appears to just be 'default'. It has its own color and everything listed in the calendar.

asdf37
04-14-2009, 06:09 PM
didn't notice that change. I just created a test entry and you're right, it changed it all the default and therefore it is not showing up.

CableGuy711
04-14-2009, 06:15 PM
ok does this happen in .199? cause i might go back to .199 if not

asdf37
04-15-2009, 01:11 PM
I don't think .206 caused it because it just happened and I've had .206 for a few days now. It happened after i resend the service books because of the outage and none of my emails were being sent to my bb.

morrow95
04-15-2009, 01:49 PM
hmmm, did all of your appts change to this 'default' listing rather than the default email account you have listed in the default services option as well?

CableGuy711
04-15-2009, 02:01 PM
I don't think .206 caused it because it just happened and I've had .206 for a few days now. It happened after i resend the service books because of the outage and none of my emails were being sent to my bb.

So what you are saying is .206 isnt the cause, but everyone whos reporting this issue in this thread is on .206.

it cant be .206

hmmmm not quite sure im convinced. :-(

asdf37
04-15-2009, 02:42 PM
[hmmm, did all of your appts change to this 'default' listing rather than the default email account you have listed in the default services option as well?]

yeah...they did....i ended up deleting them all and syncing them again through DM on bootcamp and that fixed it. Using MissingSync made my entries under Facebook....that's another issue i'm having altogether...

[So what you are saying is .206 isnt the cause, but everyone whos reporting this issue in this thread is on .206.

it cant be .206

hmmmm not quite sure im convinced.]

oh really? I haven't checked that forum....I guess maybe it's possible, but I know what triggered the change was the resending of service books, whether .206 had something else to do with it, I'm not sure.

Since I've updated to .206, i've had numerous issues, most of which may not be even OS related. But I also haven't seen any noticeable differences either, so for me I wouldn't upgrade. I actually liked .168 the most.

CableGuy711
04-15-2009, 04:45 PM
My coworker and my gf's phones are on .206 now. both have this same issue.
I think facebook 1.5 is ALSO causing issues but thats another story in itself.

I think if I'm feeling up to it, I will downgrade her phone to .168 and see if that fixes it. I'm kind of lazy thou

asdf37
04-15-2009, 11:09 PM
this is really starting to piss me off.

I also thought it was facebook, i've deleted facebook and wiped the phone completely. On top of that I've downgraded the OS to .199. I still get the same problem - just now it syncs to default calendar instead of facebook.

Although, it does sync properly with windows DM. I'm using a Mac. But it was syncing properly with windows DM when i had .206 and FB too. So i'm not sure if you also have a mac or not.

Also, it was syncing fine with mac prior to me resending service books yesterday.

Also, the wipe fixed my yahoo email issue.

**Update

a battery pull seems to have fixed it. Would try installing the new fb again, but i'm not going through this again.

charliechan
04-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Delete all CICAL email bits from applications and all will be resolved...

asdf37
04-19-2009, 01:15 AM
the new facebook app doesn't have its own CICAL, neither does 'default'

morrow95
04-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Deleting those service books solves nothing - already tried in the past. I finally caved in and manually changed them all back one by one so they are listed as my default services email as they were to begin with before this 'default' thing came around...

morrow95
04-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Just read on another forum that Facebook 1.5 has been offically released. The catch? Well if you had the 1.5 beta installed that was floating around on the net this is actually different. You need to wipe your device (I used jlcmdr) and then reload the OS. Apparently this is due to diff databased used or something from the two releases.

Well, I removed facebook with dm and then made a backup of everything on my device. I wiped the device and reloaded from scratch then afterwards restored my data. Low and behold I no longer have the 'default' calendar anymore. Also, in the default services option you can select all your emails as well as 'facebook' to show on your calendar.

With that said, I do believe that the beta facebook 1.5 is what caused all these problems. If you had it installed I recommend doing the above and everything should be smooth again.