PDA

View Full Version : Black berry pay as you go

Crisco30029
04-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Hey guys, just bought a new BB8300 kinda outdated but what the hey. Had some questions about it, did alot of searching on forums with keywords and in faqs couldn't find much. I was just wondering if Unlimited internet is the same as unlimited data? I'm on pay as you go right now, and have unlimited texting, unlimited internet and 1cent evenings and weekens, and 39 Cent anytime minutes. What it does is, everytime i put a 20 dollar phone card it deducts 7 bucks for the internet and 10 for texting. So would this unlimited internet be the same as unlimited data..? would I be charged for using pin to pin messaging via BB messenger? or is data different from internet? Any info would be appreciated, if all fails ill just get a voice and data plan.

Dubdub
04-14-2009, 06:14 PM
BB data is a bit different and if you want push email, PIN messaging, etc., and all of the other benefits of owning a BB, you must have a BB data plan, otherwise those BB functions will not work.

Here is a link from the FAQ: What do I need a Data Plan for? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_do_I_need_a_Data_Plan_for%3F)

As for text, that is generally a carrier add on from the voice side. Text doesn't use data, it uses the phone system, so yo umost likely need a text plan on top of eveything else. Can't speak for Rogers however. You need to ask them.

Crisco30029
04-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply, I read that earlier and well, what I got from that was, basically the data plan just adds internet. It says unless you have WiFi, which means a BB data plan can't be anymore different from me having unlimited web usage? It's not as if WiFi is all configured for BlackBerries??

dc/dc
04-14-2009, 07:19 PM
The BlackBerry data plan IS different from a regular data plan, and there are no carriers in Canada or the US that provide BlackBerry access on prepaid plans. You must be on a contract plan with a BlackBerry data plan add-on in order to make full use of your device.