PDA

View Full Version : Two simple questions

Hgaara
04-14-2009, 08:01 PM
How do I insert a media card? Everytime I try putting in the MicroSD card it doesn't seem to work, I couldn't even get it to work on my brothers pearl, oddly enough its a problem with me because my brother can insert it perfectly and it works. I know I'm doing it wrong so can someone explain to me how to insert it?

Alswo, I have a T-Mobile Branded 8800, and o the T mobile website it says it has My Fav, which I have on my plan... its not showing up on my phone. I try putting my SIM card on my moms Dash and it works but it doesn't appear on my phone, I am using 4.2 OS, should I upgrade to the latest version?

Hgaara
04-14-2009, 08:27 PM
This is the first time I have used the phone, and I have barely charged it for a few minutes (like 30) and the screen stays off and when I press the power button the keyboard turns on but not the screen, is it safe to assume that the battery needs hours more of charging?

dc/dc
04-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Yes, you should upgrade. Also, please check out BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com).

Hgaara
04-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey dc/dc.... the phone says that the battery is at 25% yet it keeps restarting as if it didn't have enough battery life. Now I know I should charge it more but even if I turn it off to leave it to charge it keeps restarting. How am I suppose to charge the phone if it keeps restarting? Do you think its broken?

Dubdub
04-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Did you buy it used?

Are you putting the SD card in the right slot and the SIM in the right slot?

I don't think an OS upgrade will solve the problem. I wouldn't try to upgrade the OS until you get these issues solved. 4.2 is good enough right now (sorry dc/dc)

Inserting the media card in an 8800 is a bit tricky. Did you consult the user guide? If I remember that has a pretty good picture of how to do it.

Hgaara
04-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Yeah I bought it used, the weird thing is that it looks almost brand spanking new.

Yeah I'm putting it in the right slot and I can't even format it.

You mean the problem of it restarting every few minutes?

Hey, for some reason I haven't connect it to the wall charger and it doesn't reset anymore. I am going try using the PC cable.