PDA

View Full Version : 8830 Not Getting E-mail While On Phone

Martowski
04-15-2009, 09:50 PM
All,

I have an 8830 and am wondering if it's normal not to be able to send or receive e-mail while on the phone. I go through a server at work and serivce is through Verizon. Is normal, or should my 8830 be able to send a receive e-mail if I'm on a call using my Bluetooth headset?

If this is normal, I'll just live with it. But if not, can someone tell me if there's a setting on my BB I can change to have this work?

Thanks.

jsconyers
04-15-2009, 09:57 PM
No. Verizon's network does not currently support simultaneous voice and data.

wu-wei
04-15-2009, 10:15 PM
For GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile, you need a 3G network connection (and a capable phone, like a Bold) to handle simultaneous data and voice. Not sure what the technology is for CDMA networks like Verizon and Sprint...

akosnitzky
04-16-2009, 05:14 AM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Wow!!! I didn't know the technology was available with certain devices.

dc/dc
04-16-2009, 09:57 AM
For GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile, you need a 3G network connection (and a capable phone, like a Bold) to handle simultaneous data and voice. Not sure what the technology is for CDMA networks like Verizon and Sprint...

There is not a currently deployed 3G CDMA technology that supports simultaneous data and voice. CDMA networks will have this capability when they move to LTE.