PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Desktop Software Loading Issue

TRM
11-06-2005, 06:55 PM
I have just purchased a Blackberry 7105t. I am trying to load the Desktop Software to my laptop and it stops 3/4 of the way through the process. This is the message I receive "The wizard was interrupted before Blackberry Desktop Software 4.0.1 could be installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time please run setup again."

If anyone can offer any assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

I run Windows XP Professional on my laptop.

Thanks

Tony

jboogie
11-06-2005, 08:10 PM
do you have some kinda virus software installed?

are you logged on as admin or something comparable?

what edition XP? sp1? sp2?

you may want to install the WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe file from M$... maybe your installer has become corrupt.

are you using the software that came with the blackberry or a version you downloaded? maybe the download was corrupt, or the media is damaged..

any of those sound good?

TRM
11-07-2005, 11:19 AM
Yes, I'm using McAfee, but I did did disable it and still had no luck. Yes I'm logged as an Admin on the computer. The software came on a CD with the Blackberry.

BaronVonBB
11-07-2005, 01:26 PM
We ran into this same problem using the desktop manager after we started deploying XP SP2. No matter what we did, we absolutely could NOT get the desktop software to install on our corporate laptop image if SP2 was installed. The only solution was to UNinstall XP SP2, install the desktop software, then re-install SP2. Not a lot of fun, and perhaps not even related to the poster's problem, but I thought I would mention it.

gill_gates
11-09-2005, 05:05 PM
I had the same issues on my machine and after consulting the Blackberry support forum to no avail, I turned off System Restore (Right click My Computer > Properties > System Restore tab > Turn off System Restore) and the software loaded properly.

Hope this helps!
gill_gates at the hot place.

TRM
11-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Did what you suggested and still no luck. Thanks for the tip anyway. Still hoping that someone has a solution ;-)

Gary G
11-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Had the same issue on mine. Need to copy the entire cd to disk, edit the setup.ini file to remove the pre-set options that set it to internet sync only. I cant belive this made it through QA.

admiraldennis
12-03-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm having the same exact problem.

Gary G
12-03-2005, 10:17 PM
If you edit the setup.ini file to uncomment the install options, you should be all set. Also, I did notice that the latest update on the BB site didn't have the same issue.

admiraldennis
12-03-2005, 10:39 PM
If you edit the setup.ini file to uncomment the install options, you should be all set. Also, I did notice that the latest update on the BB site didn't have the same issue.

Nothings commented out in setup.ini. I've tried the CD and the download from the website.

NJBlackBerry
12-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Go onto the Microsoft Download web site and download Windows Installer 3.1 and install that. It's fixed many installation problems.

admiraldennis
12-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Go onto the Microsoft Download web site and download Windows Installer 3.1 and install that. It's fixed many installation problems.

Just did that, still having problems.

The installation appears to almost complete, then says 'Rolling back action...' and leaves me saying it was interrupted.