PDA

View Full Version : Safe to assume medai card doesn't work?

Hgaara
04-16-2009, 01:39 PM
So I have a MicroSD card (2GB) and every time I put it on my 8800, the settings say something like Media card status unknown, please insert battery door. It gives me options of Installing Media Card or Formatting and when I choose Format, it fails. If I connect it to the PC, it says something like the status is unknown because its connected to Mass Storage. "MY Computer" freezes whenever I try opening the slot in which the phone is in, and Desktop Manager also freezes. The media card also didn't work on my mothers T-Mobile Dash as it didn't even know it was inserted. So is it safe to assume its the media card and not the phone?

kirrinjones
04-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Wirelessly posted

Well the fact that it didn't work in another device could be pointing to a bad media card. However, from the BlackBerry stand point, certain versions of the BlackBerry OS can read certain size types (I forget which reads what). But if you search the forums here you will find the info. If after you verify that the version OS that your phone is using can read the size SD card you're inserting, go ahead and try formatting it again from the device. If that still doesn't work, then it means the card is bad.

SteveO86
04-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Sounds like the card. You've tried multiple devices with no success.