PDA

View Full Version : TMO Data Outage in the center of Houston Tx

paulm-bb
04-18-2009, 12:02 AM
At between 5 and 5:30 PM on 04/16/2009 T Mobil lost several towers that handle data coverage for the central part of Houston, Texas. I stopped getting emails then but continued getting phone messages. When I went outside of the 610 loop I started getting email messages again. on 04/16/2009 when I got back inside the 610 loop data messages stopped. I called T Mobile this evening and was informed about the loss of the towers that cover the center part of town. By that time there was no one left at work to check with to verify that I wasn't the only one not getting messages. The rep said that there wasn't a ticket number that he could give me for the outage just the tower desiganations and those couldn't be provided to the public. No indication was available as to how long the towers would be down.

paulm-bb
04-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Sorry, that should have been on 04/17/2009 when I got back inside the loop.

audit
04-18-2009, 08:16 AM
When things like that happen, let us know at http://www.dataoutagenews.com/contact-us/ so we can check on it and at least get it on the news site if anything. We're going to start reporting on even the smallest outages on the news site and save the mail list for the bigger outages.