PDA

View Full Version : Delete the sent from a blackberry devide line?

JA2BKprince
11-07-2005, 09:37 PM
I have done a search and I see nothing about this for use via a BIS. Does anyone know how I turn this off? I don't really want people to know the difference if I can help it.

And before anyone says use the Redirector, I'm not on a BES. This is just a BIS account and I have no Redirector on my Desktop Management software.

patrickh
11-07-2005, 10:04 PM
You can just login to web account and remove it.

hooba
11-07-2005, 10:25 PM
something I've done for years is...

erase the auto signature, but then make my own as autotext entries using an unlikely key combo like..

when i enter:
zxc

replace it with:
My professional signature

and

when i enter:
xcv

replace it with:

my casual signature

JA2BKprince
11-08-2005, 12:43 AM
You can just login to web account and remove it.

I logged in, but I still don't see any option for this to be removed.

eeene
11-08-2005, 08:18 AM
I logged in, but I still don't see any option for this to be removed.
I'm a newbie, bought my first BB about 3 weeks ago and I just managed to remove the default BB sig. which was beginning to irritate me.

I'm on T-mobile, and it was fairly straight forward. The only trick I could see is that T-Mobile labels the section "Set Up Blackberry Internet Email", which if you've already done, as I had, seems a little misleading.

Once you select an account to edit, the sig file is in a box at the bottom of the page with your account info. I just wiped them all clean.

Hope that helps.

JA2BKprince
11-08-2005, 02:57 PM
I'm a newbie, bought my first BB about 3 weeks ago and I just managed to remove the default BB sig. which was beginning to irritate me.

I'm on T-mobile, and it was fairly straight forward. The only trick I could see is that T-Mobile labels the section "Set Up Blackberry Internet Email", which if you've already done, as I had, seems a little misleading.

Once you select an account to edit, the sig file is in a box at the bottom of the page with your account info. I just wiped them all clean.

Hope that helps.

Thank you. All this time I went to "Set Up Blackberry Internet Email", but I never clicked on the edit icon next to the actual e-mail accounts for some reason. I guess when you are clicking on every button, you forget that you missed one. Anywho, now the silly signature "Sent from my blackberry device" is gone and I'm a happy camper. 8-)